Zhongli is Genshin Impact’s fourth Geo character, introduced a couple of weeks after the first post-launch update. In this guide, we take a look at Zhongli’s kit, along with his abilities and constellations. Players looking to pull this character and add him to their rosters will want to plan accordingly. Here’s our version of the best Zhongli build in Genshin Impact.
Zhongli makes an excellent addition to any team composition. One thing to consider is that his Geo constructs resonate with other Geo constructs, opening up some exciting synergy with existing Geo characters like Ningguang.
Best Zhongli Build in Genshin Impact
Here are the best weapons, artifacts, and stats for Zhongli:
- Weapons: Skyward Spine, Primordial Jade, Crescent Pike
- Stats: ATK%, CRIT%, CRIT DMG, HP%, Energy Recharge
- Artifacts: Archaic Petra, Retracing Bolide
Best Weapons for Zhongli
Zhongli is a polearm-wielding character, so you have a few spears to consider. The best weapon options for Zhongli are most likely polearms with Energy Recharge secondary stats. One ideal choice is the legendary 5-star Skyward Spine. Black Wing passive increases CRIT Rate by 8% and attack speed by 12%. Regular and charged attack hits also have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40% of attack in a small radius, once every two seconds.
Another great legendary option is the Primordial Jade Winged-Spear, which has a secondary CRIT Rate bonus stat. The Eagle Spear of Justice passive grants a 3.2% ATK increase on hit, which stacks up to seven times. Full stacks of this passive increase skill damage by 12%.
These two legendary weapons require some investment into the game, which is not how everyone plays. However, the Battle Pass spear is looking like it’s going to be very useful on Zhongli. Crescent Pike has a secondary physical damage bonus stat, which is what accounts for most of his damage. Additionally, the Infusion Needle passive causes attacks to deal an extra 20% attack as bonus damage for five seconds after picking up an Elemental Orb.
|Skyward Spine||Energy Recharge||Black Wing: Increases critical chance by 8% and normal attack speed by 12%. Additionally, Normal and Charged hits have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40% of attack as damage in a small radius. This effect can occur no more than once every 2s.|
|Primordial Jade Winged-Spear||CRIT Rate||Eagle Spear of Justice: On hit, increases attack by 3.2% for 6 seconds, for a max of 7 stacks. Full stacks increase skill damage by 12%.|
|Crescent Pike||Physical Damage Bonus||Are picking up an Elemental Orb, normal and charged attacks deal an extra 20% attack as extra damage for 5 seconds.|
Best Zhongli Stats
Stat choices for the best Zhongli build in Genshin Impact depend on how you want to play him. You can go with a pure DPS and ultimate ability spamming build or go the support route. If you go with the latter, you’ll likely want to prioritize double HP rolls on all gear, along with Energy Recharge. Players looking to build him as a main DPS can focus on the traditional damage stats. These include ATK%, ATK, CRIT%, CRIT DMG, and secondary stats like HP% and Energy Recharge.
Zhongli’s ultimate scales with HP, so you’ll want to stack a bit of that as a secondary stat whenever possible. As the primary damage dealer, Zhongli’s job is to get in there and tear things apart. For that reason, you’ll also want some Energy Recharge to maximize the uptime on his abilities and his ultimate in particular.
Best Artifacts for Zhongli
Players under Adventure Rank 40 might prefer running Artifact sets like Berserker, Gladiator’s Finale, and The Exile. Ultimately, you’ll likely want to aim for Archaic Petra, Retracing Bolide, or even Bloodstained Chivalry and Noblesse Oblige. Choosing the Bolide set might be the best option due to Zhongli’s Resonant Waves ability. The two-piece set increases Shield Strength by 35%, which is significant.
It all comes down to which gear sets you can get optimal rolls on, so luck plays a significant factor, as always. You may want to try and aim for a Physical DMG bonus Goblet of Eonothem if you can get one.
|Artifact Set||Two-piece Bonus||Four-piece Bonus|
|Retracing Bolide||Increases shield strength by 35%.||While protected by a shield, gain an additional 40% normal and charged attack damage.|
|Archaic Petra||Gain a 15% Geo DMG Bonus.||Upon obtaining an Elemental Shard created through a Crystallize Reaction, all party members gain a 35% DMG Bonus for that particular element for ten seconds. Only one form of Elemental damage bonus can be affected at one time.|
- Rain of Stone (Normal Attack):
- Regular: Performs up to six rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunch forward, causing stone spears to fall along his path.
- Dominus Lapidis (Elemental skill)
- Tap: Commands the earth’s power to solidify into a Stone Stele, dealing AoE Geo damage. Stone Stele resonates with other Geo Constructs in the vicinity, doing Geo DMG to surrounding enemies.
- Hold: Causes nearby Geo energy to explode, causing the following effects: Creates a shield of jade. The shield’s damage absorption scales based on Zhongli’s maximum health and absorbs Geo DMG 250% more effectively. Deal AoE Geo damage. If there are nearby targets with the Geo element, it drains a large amount of the Geo element from a maximum of two targets.
- Planet Befall (Elemental Burst)
- A falling meteor hits earth, dealing massive Geo damage to opponents caught in its AoE and applying the Petrification (immobilization) status to them. Scales 33% with Zhongli’s maximum health.
- Rock, the Backbone of Earth: Increases the maximum number of Stone Steles created by Dominus Lipidis that may exist simultaneously to two.
- Stone, the Cradle of Jade: Planet Befall grants nearby characters on the field a Jade Shield when it descends.
- Jade, Shimmering through Darkness: Increase the level of Dominus Lapidis by three. The maximum level is 15.
- Topaz, Unbreakable and Fearless: Increases Planet Befall’s AoE by 20% and increases the duration of Planet Befall’s Petrification effect by two seconds.
- Lazuli, Herald of the Order: Increase the level of Planet Befall by three. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Chyrsos, Bounty of Dominator: When the Jade Shield takes damage, 40% of that incoming damage converts to health for the current character. A single instance of regeneration cannot exceed 8% of that character’s maximum health.