A popular DPS character in Genshin Impact is Razor, the claymore wielding electro carry. During the main storyline, you will get to a point where you can take Razor for a trial run. If he’s a character you enjoy playing, it could be worth building him as your team’s carry. Here’s our version of the best Razor build in Genshin Impact.
As far as team composition goes, you can run an enabler like Fischl for the electro elemental resonance. A pyro character like Xiangling also synergizes well to trigger overload. Lastly, every team needs a healer, and you have plenty to choose from, including Barbara, Jean, Qiqi, and Noelle.
Best Razor Build in Genshin Impact
Here’s the best stats, weapons, and artifacts to use on your Razor build:
- Stats: ATK, ATK%, CRIT DMG, CRIT%
- Weapons: Prototype Aminus, Wolf’s Gravestone
- Artifacts: Gladiator’s Finale, Thundering Fury
As is the case with most carry DPS in Genshin Impact, you want to focus primarily on ATK and ATK% with Razor. His abilities scale with ATK, so pumping up these stats will give you a noticeable DPS increase. Both the Prototype Aminus and Wolf’s Gravestone claymores provide Base ATK and ATK, so make sure to use one of these two weapons.
There are two viable weapons for Razor in the mid to late game: Prototype Aminus and Wolf’s Gravestone. The former is easiest to farm because it is craftable at the blacksmith in Mondstadt and Liyue. All you’ll need is the claymore prototype and fifty crystal chunks, and fifty white iron chunks.
The Wolf’s Gravestone weapon, on the other hand, is found from pulling banners. Therefore, you’ll need to have some luck on your side to find yourself one of these. This claymore is a popular choice because of the Wolfish Tracker passive, which increases ATK by 25%, and increases all party members’ ATK by 50% for 12s when you hit enemies with less than 30% HP.
Gladiator’s Finale is an excellent set to pick up when upgrading from Berserker’s. The two-piece bonus provides +18% ATK, and the four-piece grants Sword, Claymore, and Polearm party members a 35% increased Attack DMG. These drop from any world boss, so get that resin ready.
Additionally, the Thundering Fury set is a popular choice for the Electro DMG buffs. The two-piece provides an Electro DMG bonus of 15%. The four-piece increases the damage caused by electro-charge, overload, and superconduct by 40%. Triggering the elemental effects also decreases elemental skill cooldowns by one second, once every 0.8 seconds. This set is your end-game best-in-slot at the moment and an upgrade from Gladiator’s Finale.
- Wolf’s Instinct: Picking up elemental orbs or particles increases Razor’s damage by 10% for eight seconds.
- Suppression: Increases CRIT rate against enemies with less than 30% HP by 10%.
- Soul Companion: Increases the level of Lightning Fang by three.
- Bite: When casting Claw and Thunder, enemies hit have their DEF decreased by 15% for seven seconds.
- Sharpened Claws: Increases the level of Claw and Thunder by three.
- Lupus Fulguris: Every ten seconds, Razor’s sword charges up, causing the next attack to do 100% of ATK as Electro DMG. When Razor is not using Lightning Fang, a lightning strike on an enemy grants Razor an Electro Sigil for Claw and Thunder.