Diona is one of the new characters available after the Genshin Impact 1.1 update. She is unique because she is a ranged support character who can heal and deal damage, provide crowd control, and support the entire team with shields. She is not the first Cryo healer, a title belonging to Qiqi, but she does bring some new things to the table. Diona may not make a great main healer, but she provides enough support for crowd control and damage debuffs that she makes a great addition to any team. Here’s our version of the best Diona build in Genshin Impact.
Diona’s Icy Paws ability has two different activations. If you press the ability button, it fires off two Icy Paws in rapid succession. Holding the button dashes back quickly and fires five Icy Paws. Holding also generates a 75% damage absorption shield around Diona. The shield has a 250% Cryo Damage absorb bonus and reduces stamina consumption for your current character.
Diona’s Signature Mix ultimate ability does area of effect Cryo damage to nearby enemies. Diona also continuously regenerates the HP of characters standing in the area of effect. Like Kaeya, Diona can also create a frozen water path on the water. Charging her aimed shot can also freeze enemies in the rain and freeze water slimes in place.
Best Diona Build in Genshin Impact
Here are the best weapons, stats, and artifacts to focus on for Diona:
- Weapons: Sacrificial Bow, Favonius Warbow, Stringless
- Stats: HP%, HP, Elemental Mastery, Energy Recharge
- Artifacts: Noblesse Oblige, Scholar, Instructor
Best Diona weapons
There are a few good options for Diona in the way of weapons. We recommend focusing on either Elemental Mastery or Energy Recharge as the secondary weapon stat, leaving us with Sacrificial Bow, Favonius Warbow, and Stringless.
Sacrificial Bow is a solid pick because of the Energy Recharge and passive bonus. After damaging an opponent with Elemental skills, there’s a 40% chance to end the skill cooldown. It can only occur once every 30 seconds, but if you can refine this to rank five, you’re looking at an 80% chance every 14 seconds.
Another weapon with the Energy Recharge secondary stat is Favonius Warbow. This four-star weapon offers a passive bonus that generates elemental orbs that restore energy for the character. Critical hits have a 60% chance to generate an orb that grants six energy. The orb can spawn once every 12 seconds.
Lastly, if you plan to focus on activating elemental interactions, you can go with The Stringless. The secondary is Elemental Mastery, and the bonus increases Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst damage by 24%. It all comes down to which weapon you have in abundance because refining either of these options makes a big difference.
Best Diona stats
Diona’s abilities all scale with her health pool. For that reason, you want to focus on double HP rolls on all your gear to make the best Diona build in Genshin Impact. Look for HP% as the main stat on your Sands of Eon, Goblet of Eonothem, and Circlet of Logos. The Flower will always roll flat HP, while the Plume of Death always rolls flat ATK.
When you get HP% as your main stat, focus on flat HP as a secondary stat. To min-max the character, you want to get bonuses to your HP rolls when enhancing the artifacts.
Best Diona artifacts
|Scholar||Energy Recharge +20%||Gaining Energy gives three Energy to all party members who have a bow or a catalyst equipped. Can only occur once every three seconds.|
|Instructor||Elemental Mastery +80||After using Elemental skills, all party members’ Elemental Mastery increases by 120 for eight seconds.|
|Noblesse Oblige||Elemental Burst DMG +20%||Using an Elemental Burst increases all party members’ ATK by 20% for 12 seconds. The effect cannot stack.|
|Retracing Bolide||Increases Shield Strength by 35%||While protected by a shield, gain an additional 40% Normal and Charged Attack DMG.|
Diona benefits most from Energy Recharge and Elemental Mastery, which means Scholar, Instructor, and Noblesse Oblige are excellent options. Refer to the section above to see which stats you should be focusing on for her.
Due to Diona’s unique shield ability, she can benefit significantly from Artifact sets like Retracing Bolide, but that depends if you want to go the damage route.
- A Lingering Flavor: Regenerates 15 Energy for Diona after the effects of Signature Mix end.
- Shaken, Not Purred: Increases Icy Paws’ DMG by 15% and increases its shield’s DMG Absorption by 15%. Additionally, when paws hit their targets, it creates a shield for other nearby characters on the field with 50% of the Icy Paws shield’s DMG Absorption for 5 seconds.
- Another Round: Increases the level of Signature Mix by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Wine Industry Slayer: Within the radius of Signature Mix, Diona’s charge time for aimed shots is reduced by 60%.
- Double Shot, On The Rocks: Increases the level of Icy Paws by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Cat’s Tail Closing Time: Characters in Signature Mix radius gain the following effects based on their HP amounts: Increases incoming healing bonus by 30% when HP falls below or is equal to 50%. Elemental mastery increased by 200 when HP is above 50%.