Barbara is one of the best healers in Genshin Impact right now. She is a character who scales with HP, making her inherently tanky and capable of taking a few hits for the team while topping everyone off to full health. Let’s take a look at the best Barbara build in Genshin Impact.
Every team needs a healer, and Barbara provides some of the best healing abilities in the game. As a bonus, she gets a free revive when you max out her constellations. Many players like to swap to her for heals, then switch back for the damage bonus. Doing this procs Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers, which provides a considerable DPS boost for your primary carry character.
Best Barbara Build in Genshin Impact
Here’s the best stats, weapons, and artifacts to focus on at the moment for Barbara:
- Stats: HP, HP%, Healing Effectiveness
- Weapons: Prototype Malice, Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers
- Artifacts: Scholar, Instructor
Barbara’s healing abilities scale with her HP, so you want to max this stat and focus it on every piece of gear. You’ll want to roll double HP on all your artifacts, if possible. The more HP Barbara has, the more effective her healing numbers will be.
The nice thing about Barbara is that her best-in-slot weapon right now is Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers. It’s a three-star catalyst, meaning it’s easy to find, easy to refine to the max, and easy to level up. Most people running Barbara switch to her, throw out a heal, and then switch back to another character. Using this weapon gives a massive boost to your main character’s DPS, rendering any other weapon’s buff not even close to as effective.
Another reliable option is Prototype Malice, a craftable weapon. You can forge this at the blacksmith for one prototype, fifty crystal chunks, and fifty white iron chunks. The passive on this weapon causes four energy to regenerate after using an elemental burst. You can cast her ultimate ability more often and generate some energy for your team.
You have two set options here to choose from with Barbara. First, Scholar is a good pick if you are using more than one bow or catalyst character. Using the Scholar set boosts energy gain for all other bow and catalyst party members. Secondly, the Instructor set is a good option because it provides a bonus to Elemental Mastery of all party members.
Some people like to run Maiden Beloved, the high-tier healing set. We find Barbara’s heals are more than enough without it, so the net gain is not all that high. You’re free to experiment with any of the sets, but we find Scholar and Instructor more effective for Barbara.
Here are the Barbara Constellations:
- Gleeful Songs: Barbara regenerates on energy every ten seconds.
- Vitality Burst: Decreases the cooldown of Let The Show Begin by 15%. During the ability’s duration, the current character gains a 15% Hydro DMG Bonus.
- Star of Tomorrow: Increases the level of Shining Miracle by three.
- Attentiveness Be My Power: Every enemy Barbara hits with her Charged Attack regenerates one energy for her. Barbara can only get five energy at one time.
- The Purest Companionship: Increases the level of Let the Show Begin by three.
- Dedicating Everything to You: When Barbara is not on the field, and one of her party members fall, she revives them at full health. It can occur once every fifteen minutes.
As with all characters, your goal is to get Barbara to max constellations for the free revive. It’s easier said than done, but she is a vital part of the team, and even more so at max constellations.
- See also: Best Fischl Build in Genshin Impact