At the time of release, there are four healers in Genshin Impact. Each of them brings a unique set of abilities to the game. Picking the best one depends on your current team composition, including the elements you’re using. Most importantly, a good healer depends on which one you mesh well with and enjoy playing. Here’s a character guide to picking the best healers in Genshin Impact.
Best Healers in Genshin Impact: Character Guide
The four healers in Genshin Impact at the moment are as follows:
- Barbara (Hydro)
- Jean (Anemo)
- Noelle (Geo)
- Qiqi (Cryo)
Barbara is a healer that scales based on HP, meaning she heals more if she has a higher health pool. Similar to Qiqi, Barbara has a revive at the max constellations. The two stats to focus on with Barabara are HP, followed by ATK. Couple this with some healing bonus gear to unleash Barbara’s full potential.
- Let the Show Begin: Summons water droplets that Hydro damage enemies and regenerate health for the current character. Barbara’s regular attacks also heal all party members for an amount based on Barbara’s maximum health. Caution, this skill makes the current character wet, and therefore vulnerable against ice enemies.
- Shining Miracle: Heals all party members for a significant amount based on Barbara’s maximum health.
Jean is an ATK scaling healer, as her Wind Companion talent causes hits by regular attacks to have a 50% chance to regenerates HP equal to 15% of Jean’s ATK for all party members. Jean is a great support character capable of being played as a carry to pump out massive DPS while sustaining the group at the same time.
- Dandelion Breeze: Creates a Dandelion Field that launches enemies and does Anemo damage. She instantly regenerates a large amount of health for all party members, scaling off her ATK.
- Dandelion Field: Continuously regenerates HP for one ally and continuously imbues them with Anemo. Also, deals Anemo damage to enemies entering or exiting the field.
Noelle is a DEF based healer and support character. In other words, Noelle heals more when she has a higher defense stat. She excels with her first constellation, which increases the chance to heal to 100% when Breastplate and Sweeping Time are both active.
- Breastplate: Summons a protective stone shield that does Geo damage to enemies and creates a shield. The damage absorption scales on Noelle’s defense. When Noelle attacks, they have a chance to regenerate HP for all characters, which, again, scales on Noelle’s defense.
Qiqi is an attack scaling healer, with some powerful healing abilities on very long cooldowns. Not only does her ability passively regenerate health, but it also brings back HP for the entire party by attacking. Because Qiqi scales with ATK, you want to build her with pure ATK gear. As a bonus, Qiqi has a revive at the max constellation.
- Herald of Frost: When Qiqi hits a target with her Normal or Charged Attacks, she regenerates HP for all party members and all nearby allied characters. It regenerates HP for the current character at regular intervals while following them around and doing Cryo damage.
- Preserver of Fortune: Qiqi marks nearby enemies with a Fortune-Preserving Talisman that does Cryo damage. Enemies affected take damage, and the character that dealt the damage regenerates health.
Who’s the best healer in Genshin Impact?
Now for the ultimate question. When it comes to deciding which healer is best, it comes down to considering your entire team composition. You should probably focus on maxing out two characters to start, with a healer being one of them. Also, keep in mind that you may not get lucky enough to unlock some of the healers. Luckily, Noelle and Barbara are essentially givens, as long as you reach Adventure Rank 20 before patch 1.1.
Noelle and Barbara scale on defensive stats like HP and DEF, so they are more pure support roles. However, you can still build these two characters offensively. Jean and Qiqi, on the other hand, are healers that scale on ATK, making them a bit stronger in the offense role. You have to ask yourself what you want on your team.
Genshin Impact is unique because every character can be viable if you build them out with the right gear. For that reason, there is no hands-down best healer in the game. All of the options can work, as long as you compose your team properly with elemental synergy. Hopefully, this guide helps you make a better decision about who you want to pick for your team. If you can’t decide, choosing your favorite based on looks is always an option!
- See also: Best Mining Spots in Genshin Impact
Follow the official Genshin Impact Twitter for news and announcements.