A new event is underway for Pokemon Go trainers everywhere. In case you missed it, you can check out An Inter-egg-sting Development tasks and rewards to see what you can get for this event. Ultimately, you’ll need to battle Team GO Rocket Leaders and work your way up to Giovanni. With the new event comes a new type of Egg: Red Eggs. Here’s how to get Red Eggs in Pokemon Go.
How to get Red Eggs in Pokemon Go
You can get Red Eggs by defeating Team GO Rocket leaders. The leaders are a tier above Team Rocket grunts, so you’ll need a few of those to make your Rocket Radar and find them. Leaders include Arlo, Cliff, and Sierra, like in previous events. After battling the leaders and taking them down, you may receive a Red Egg as a prize.
Like other eggs, you need to have space available in your inventory to carry one. If your Egg inventory is already full with nine out of nine Eggs, you won’t be able to take a red one. The eggs you’re familiar with already include three-kilometer, five-kilometer, and ten-kilometer eggs. Red Eggs have a chance to hatch either Dark-type or Poison-type Pokemon.
There you have it, that’s how to get Red Eggs in Pokemon Go. You can learn more about the Autumn Event with a list of features below, taken from the official Pokemon Go site:
- Strange Eggs have appeared in Pokémon GO! According to Spark’s early research, the following Poison-type Pokémon, Dark-type Pokémon, and Pokémon that acquire one of those types via Evolution can hatch from these Eggs: Larvitar, Scraggy, Trubbish, and Vullaby—though there maybe even more!
- Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader to receive a Strange Egg, and walk 12 km to hatch it. You’ll need to have space in your Egg inventory before your battle with Sierra, Cliff, or Arlo to receive a Strange Egg. Strange Eggs will continue to be available in Pokémon GO after the event ends.
- Eggs placed in Incubators during the event will require one-quarter of the average walking distance to hatch.
- For the first time since March, new Team GO Rocket Special Research will be available! Join Professor Willow as he and the team leaders investigate Team GO Rocket’s involvement with Strange Eggs, culminating in a battle with Giovanni himself! This is the last Team GO Rocket Special Research in 2020. If you currently have The Shadowy Threat Grows Special Research from earlier this year, you’ll need to complete it first before you can obtain this new Special Research.
- Poison-type and Dark-type Pokémon will appear more often in the wild! Look forward to encountering Spinarak, Houndour, Poochyena, Gulpin, Stunky, Purrloin, and more.
- Team GO Rocket will be more active than usual! Keep an eye out for Team GO Rocket taking over more PokéStops and Team GO Rocket balloons appearing more often.
- Take a snapshot for a surprise!
- Team GO Rocket Leader avatar items are now available in the shop. Perhaps you could use these avatar items to infiltrate and investigate Team GO Rocket! GO forth, Trainer!