Pokemon Go is introducing a ranked player versus player (PvP) system into the game. The new ranked battle league is being rolled out to players based on level, so there’s a chance you don’t have access to it yet.
To qualify, you have to get a Basic Go League Battle Pass, which can be obtained from playing five matches. After walking two kilometers, you can skip the remaining 3 kilometers by paying PokeCoins. The first Basic Go League Battle Pass is free, and you won’t have to walk to unlock it. You can unlock three Pokemon Go League Battle Passes per day.
Pokemon Go PvP Ranks and Rewards
There is a total of ten different ranks in the new Pokemon Go Battle League, which can be found below. Different requirements will need to be hit for each tier of rank.
You can also earn rewards for each rank, which we’ve also listed below. Special rare Pokemon encounters are awarded at each rank, which become better the higher you rank in the league.
Pokemon Go PvP Ranks
- Rank 1 requirement: Just unlock the Battle League Pass
- Rank 2 requirement: Complete five battles as rank 1
- Rank 3 requirement: Complete five battles as rank 2
- Rank 4 requirement: Complete five battles as rank 3
- Rank 5 requirement: Win 5 battles as rank 4
- Rank 6 requirement: Win 7 battles as rank 5
- Rank 7 requirement: Win 10 battles as rank 6
- Rank 8 requirement: Get 1,800 or higher battle rating
- Rank 9 requirement: Get 2,100 or higher battle rating
- Rank 10 requirement: Get 2,700 or higher battle rating
Pokemon Go PvP Rewards
- Rank 1 to 3: Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Snorlax, Machop
- Rank 4 to 6: Machop, Meditite, Oshawott, Scraggy, Skarmory, Snivy, Snorlax, Tepig
- Rank 7 to 10: Deino, Lapras, Larvitar, Litwick, Machop, Meditite, Oshawott, Scraggy, Shieldon, Skarmory, Snivy, Snorlax, Tepig
You can look forward to this new system fully rolling out to all Pokemon Go players in the near future.