Starting July 7, Kyurem joins the Pokemon Go raids. You may be wondering about some good Kyurem raid counters, and we have you covered. The dragon-type and ice-type Legendary Pokemon has a few weaknesses that come to mind. You can take advantage of his weakness with the right setup, which we will show in our list of best Pokemon Go Kyurem Counters.
Kyurem can be defeated using a team of three trainers with counters above level 30. You may want up to five trainers at a high level, or eight lower-level trainers, to take down the raid boss Kyurem.
Pokemon Go Kyurem Raid Counters
The overall best Kyureme counters include Steel, Rock, Fighting, Fairy, and Dragon types. With wind or snowy weather boosts, you can catch Kyurem with a CP value of 2239 to 2553. However, with no weather boost, you can capture Kyurem with 1791 to 2042 CP.
Supreme Kyurem Counters
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Metagross with Bullet Punch and Meteor Dash
- Dialga with Metal Claw and Draco Meteor
Lucario is the most effective counter for Kyurem, with Aura Sphere immensely helping the damage output. Metagross has incredible damage like Lucario and resists all of Kyurem’s moves. Dialga is another good option as a steel and dragon type, making it a necessary addition.
Best Budget Kyurem Counters
- Conkeldurr with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
- Rhyperior with Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Excadrill with Metal Claw and Iron Head
- Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Dragon Claw
- Hayiyama with Counter and Dynamic Punch
Another solid Kyurem counter is Conkeldurr with the Counter and Dynamic Punch move set. It’s a popular choice for many raids, and this one is no different. Overall, Steel-type Pokemon are super useful in countering this Legendary dragon thanks to their resistances.
Kyurem has these moves in Pokemon Go:
- Dragon Breath (Dragon)
- Steel Wing (Steel)
- Draco Meteor (Dragon)
- Blizzard (Ice)
- Dragon Claw (Dragon)