Cult of the Lamb, the intriguing action-adventure game by Massive Monster and Devolver Digital, offers players the unique opportunity to build and manage their cult while navigating a dark and fantastical world filled with gods, demons, and otherworldly beings. Among these beings are Baal and Aym, the former evil servants of The One Who Waits.
The Relics of the Old Faith update certainly added a lot of exciting new content to the game, but the additional content for Baal and Aym has to be the most exciting. Baal and Aym can now be resurrected and recruited into your cult, but not in the way that you’d ever expect. Read on to find out how you can recruit Baal and Aym in Cult of the Lamb!
How to Get Baal and Aym in Cult of the Lamb?
The Relics of the Old Faith update made it possible for players to resurrect and recruit Baal and Aym into their cults, but it certainly didn’t make the process a simple one. First and foremost, you’ll need to have already defeated The One Who Waits prior to resurrecting them; they can’t be recruited if they’re still serving under The One Who Wits, after all.
Once you’ve beaten the game, the process of recruiting Baal and Aym into your cult is a rocky yet straightforward one. Here is everything you’ll need to do to get Baal and Aym in Cult of the Lamb:
- Defeat The One Who Waits.
- Collect God Tears by defeating the Bishops, mini-bosses, or through Divine Inspiration.
- Exchange God Tears in ???‘s shop for a Light Necklace and a Dark Necklace.
- ???‘s rewards are randomly selected, so it may take a few tries before you get both necklaces.
- Give each necklace to a follower in your cult.
- Make sure you don’t give the necklaces to followers that you’re fond of, as you won’t be getting them back!
- Sacrifice both of the followers with their necklaces on.
- Once sacrificed, the follower with the Light Necklace will be transformed into Baal, and the follower with the Dark Necklace will be transformed into Aym.
- Once they’ve been resurrected, they’ll automatically be recruited into your cult as followers!
Baal and Aym are easily some of the best followers that you can get in Cult of the Lamb, but it may actually be a better idea to let them go than keep them as followers.
If you’ll remember, there is a kind NPC named Forneus who will give you gifts on crusades. If you pay attention to her dialogue, you’ll realize that her two children were taken away from her long ago to be sacrificed to The One Who Waits. In case you haven’t put it together yet, those two kits were Baal and Aym.
Although you have the option to keep Baal and Aym as followers, you also have the option to finally reunite them with their mother! keep reading to find out how!
How to Reunite Baal and Aym With Their Mother in Cult of the Lamb?
You could always choose to selfishly horde Baal and Aym all to yourself, but honestly, what kind of monster wouldn’t choose to reunite a mother with her long-lost children??
Baal and Aym were taken from their mother shortly after The One Who Waits was banished and sacrificed by Shamura in an attempt to keep The One Who Waits from getting lonely in exile. The One Who Waits, otherwise known as Narinder, chose to raise the kits himself and keep them as his assistants. Both the kits and their mother missed each other terribly, however, and a reunion between them is long overdue.
Thankfully, reuniting them is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is follow these steps in order to reunite Forneus with Baal and Aym in Cult of the Lamb:
- Resurrect Baal and Aym and recruit them into your cult.
- Transform each of them into Demons at your Demon Summoning Circle.
- They will both be very unique-looking Paean Demons.
- Take them with you on crusades until you come across a room with a quest symbol on it:
- Enter the Room, and you should see Forneus surrounded by her usual array of gifts for you.
- She will immediately recognize the two Demons as her long-lost children, which will start a very heart-warming cutscene.
- After Forneus recognizes Baal and Aym, they will transform back into their normal selves and go running into her arms. They will all begin to cry and hug, and it’s all very sweet and cute.
- Forneus will reward you with two new Relics as a reward for reuniting her with her children:
- “Damned Tears of the Merciful Mother”
- “Blessed Tears of the Vengeful Father”
From then on, you won’t be able to get either Baal or Aym to rejoin your cult. However, they will finally have the freedom to live their lives as they always wanted instead of constantly living under the thumbs of arrogant gods.
You’ll still be able to meet both Baal and Aym across your crusades, however, and they will continue to thank you for reuniting them with their mother.
What Do Forneus’s Relics Do?
As previously mentioned, Forneus will reward you with two new Relics for reuniting her with her children. These two Relics are “Damned Tears of the Merciful Mother” and “Blessed Tears of the Vengeful Father.”
These two Relics are extremely OP, so even if your heart is too cold to hand over a mother’s children to her for the sake of love and kindness, then you should at least do it for the impressive loot.
Damned Tears of the Merciful Mother will “convert Blue Hearts into double the amount of Diseased Hearts” and has a “Fast” Charge Speed. This Relic is especially OP; you really don’t want to miss out on this one.
On the other hand, Blessed Tears of the Vengeful Father will “convert Blue Hearts to Spirit Hearts,” which would be another Fast-Charging life-saver on a crusade.
If you’re unaware of the difference, Blue Hearts work exactly like Red Hearts but are lost easily and will disappear completely after your crusade. Spirit Hearts, on the other hand, have a golden border and become extra fixed, refillable Hearts during a crusade.
Baal and Aym are two of the more unique followers available in Cult of the Lamb, and their acquisition can significantly enhance your cult’s capabilities. However, most players would agree that it’s best to release them back into the arms of their grieving mother rather than keep them imprisoned in the cult.
If you love discovering hidden quests and easter eggs in this game, then you should definitely check out Gamer Journailist’s Cult of the Lamb content, like our “How to Return Ratoo’s Heart” guide and our “Peer Into Darkness” Quest guide!