To people like Albedo (the Chief Alchemist of Mondstadt), Dragonspine is a peaceful and beautiful location. To many others, however, it is a cursed and frigid landscape. Whether you’re going to uncover more of this monstrous mountain’s mysteries or to gather more resources like pine wood (also see our guide on wood-type locations), you can expect a rather difficult journey ahead of you. Here’s a look at the best characters and Artifact sets for Dragonspine in Genshin Impact.
Between the environmental hazards of a frost-covered mountain and the groups of tough enemies built to survive in such an area, we think you’ll want to consider adding some of the suggested characters and/or artifact sets mentioned in this article. Oh, and remember to take a second and breathe in the view when you can!
Dragonspine Exploration Tips
- Eat the Goulash food dish to cut back on Sheer Cold accumulation.
- Light both stone and wood torches along your way to give yourself a safe place to rest.
- Avoid using Hydro characters, otherwise you will spend much of your time being frozen.
- Include Pyro and Geo characters for elemental advantages, such as Melt or Shatter.
- Break the red rocks (called Crimson Agate) to gain powers that will postpone Sheer Cold accumulation, light torches with a swing of a sword, or deal Pyro damage upon hitting an enemy.
The Best Characters to Use on Dragonspine
All of our suggested character choices for Dragonspine are either Pyro or Geo characters. The reason for this is simple. The Pyro element melts Cryo enemies and also provides a heat source for torchers. The Geo element, on the other hand, can provide shields to safeguard against the harder enemies, as well as triggering Shatter for extra damage.
Note: Shatter occurs when a frozen enemy is hit by a Geo elemental attack or a claymore and adds extra damage to your attacks that cause it.
- Hu Tao
The Best Artifact Sets to Use on Dragonspine
Now typically, we’d recommend picking artifact sets for your characters based on their talents and skills. However, if you’re feeling committed to the climb, try building a few characters with these Artifact sets to traverse the mountain with fewer complications.
- Prayers to Springtime (Circlet of Logos only, for any character): 1-Piece Set
- Retracing Bolide (for any character): 2-Piece Set
- Bloodstained Chivalry (for Claymore users): 2-Piece Set
- Crimson Witch of Flames (for Pyro characters): 2- or 4-Piece Set
- Gladiator’s Finale (for Claymore users): 4-Piece Set