Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer survival horror game developed by Behaviour Interactive in 2016. This horror game is played in an asymmetrical 4v1 format, where four Survivors attempt to escape the murderous clutches of one Killer. Dead by Daylight is most known for its intensely immersive gameplay, uniquely challenging objectives, and a wide variety of terrifying Killers.
One of the most egregiously horrifying Killers in Dead by Daylight is The Singularity. The Singularity is the 32nd Killer to be added to the game and it has had a major impact on Dead by Daylight’s gameplay. It can be finicky to play as at times, but once you’ve got it mastered, you can quickly become one of the deadliest players in the game. Keep reading to discover the best build for The Singularity in Dead by Daylight!
Best Build for The Singularity in Dead by Daylight
The Singularity is a downright terrifying Killer to come face-to-face with if you’re a Survivor. If the player puppeteering the Killer knows what they’re doing, then there’s almost no hope of survival for the poor Survivors, especially if the player follows this build for their Singularity Killer.
Here are a few tips for creating the deadliest The Singularity build ever in Dead by Daylight:
Best Perks and Add-Ons for The Singularity in Dead by Daylight
Just like all of the other Killers in Dead by Daylight, The Singularity comes with three unique Perks that players can utilize. The Singularity’s three Perks are Genetic Limits, Forced Hesitation, and Machine Learning.
Here are the effects of each of The Singularity’s Perks:
- Genetic Limits – Whenever a Survivor provides a Healing action for another Survivor, they suffer from the Exhausted Status Effect for 24/28/32 seconds.
- Forced Hesitation – When a Survivor enters the Dying State, all of the other Survivors within 16 meters of them suffer from a -20% Hindered Status Effect for 10 seconds.
- This Perk has a cooldown period of 40/35/30 seconds.
- Machine Learning – This Perk activates whenever you perform the “Damage Generator” action on a generator. While active, Machine Learning allows the next Generator you damage to become compromised, which highlights its Aura to you in yellow until it is completed. Upon its completion, you are granted the Undetectable Status Effect and the +10% Haste Status Effect for 20/25/30 seconds, after which Machine Learning will deactivate.
- If you damage another Generator while one is already compromised, it will transfer the state to the most recently damaged Generator.
These Perks are frankly fantastic, as they’re mostly targeted toward slowing the Survivors down. Keeping these Perks part of your Singularity build is both the easiest and smartest action that you can take, in addition to utilizing them with some, if not all, of these add-ons: Crew Manifest, Cryo Gel, and Android Arm.
Here are the special effects of these add-ons:
- Crew Manifest – Increases the range within which Temporal Slipstream can spread between Survivors by +2 meters, in addition to showing you the Auras of Survivors that are afflicted by Temporal Slipstream from a Biopod or another Survivor for 8 total seconds.
- Cryo Gel – Increases Temporal Slipstream’s Spreading Rate between all Survivors by +25%.
- Android Arm – Increases the range within which Temporal Slipstream can spread between all Survivors by +2 meters.
With these Perks and add-ons tacked onto your killer, you’ll become the deadliest player in Dead by Daylight in no time!
Special Abilities for The Singularity in Dead by Daylight
Just like the other terrifying Killers in Dead by Daylight, The Singularity has special abilities. The Singularity has access to a Special State known as Overclock Mode and a Special Interaction known as Electromagnetic Pulse.
Here’s what the effects of Overclock Mode and Electromagnetic Pulse are in Dead by Daylight:
- Overclock Mode – When The Singularity Slipstreams to a Survivor, it gains a temporary speed boost when breaking Pallets and Walls, damaging Generators, and Vaulting. During Overclock Mode, The Singularity cannot use its Power, and it will not be stunned when hit by a Pallet. Instead, The Singularity will simply become momentarily hindered and the Pallet will be destroyed.
- Electromagnetic Pulse – When a Trial begins, EMP Crates will spawn all across the Map; these Crates can only be interacted with by Survivors. Over time, these Crates will print EMPs, which can then be picked up by the Survivors. Survivors can fire the EMP to temporarily disable any and all Biopods and remove Slipstream from any other Survivors in range.
What is The Singularity in Dead by Daylight?
The Singularity is a terrifying Killer that was first introduced in Dead by Daylight’s End Transmission chapter. This Killer’s Difficulty is rated as Hard and is widely considered to be one of the deadliest Killers in the game.
The Singularity’s real “name” is HUX-A7-13, and its lore states that it was originally created by humans to help them survive in alien environments, but it turned on its creators after becoming deformed shortly after. This Killer was first introduced alongside a new Survivor, Gabriel Soma, who, according to the lore, is the sole Survivor of a colony that The Singularity wiped out.
The Singularity’s realm is the Dvarka Deepwood and its weapon is the Modular Claw, which is described as “a sharp instrument attached to the arm, wrapped in tendrils of flesh“. This Killer’s exclusive power is called Quantum Instantiation, which allows The Singularity to shoot objects called Bipods.
Bipods allow the Killer to locate and spy on Survivors. Once The Singularity locates a Survivor using a Bipod, it can “tag” Survivors, which applies the Slipstream Effect. Once a Survivor has been Slipstreamed, The Singularity can silently materialize behind them and immediately begin to chase them. A Slipstreamed Survivor can and will spread the Slipstream Effect to other nearby Survivors.
To sum it all up, The Singularity is a petrifying, difficult-to-play Killer that is truly unlike any other. Its unique Power and abilities make it a truly formidable enemy on the battlefield, and any Survivor unlucky enough to meet it in a Trial is surely doomed.
Good luck, Survivors!
The Singularity is widely considered to be one of the most difficult to escape from in a Trial, but have you ever wondered which Killers are the easiest to escape from? Check out Gamer Journalist’s list of all the worst Killers in Dead by Daylight to find out!
If you love playing and learning more about Dead by Daylight, then be sure to check out Gamer Journalist’s numerous informative Dead by Daylight guides! These guides will ensure that you never have a Dead by Daylight-related question go unanswered ever again.