Splitgate is the hit new free-to-play fast-paced FPS from 1047 Games. The game incorporates the use of portals into the sci-fi arena combat, making for some interesting matches. Players have often described the game as a mix between Halo or Unreal Tournament and Portal. Given the game’s success, the developers have been on top of the updates. Here is a running list of all recent and upcoming Splitgate patch notes, including map changes, new modes, buffs, nerfs, and the like.
Splitgate is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. You can browse our guides in our Splitgate section if you want to check out more related content.
All Splitgate patch notes
Splitgate Update 1.04 Patch Notes
- 360 FPS support on PC
- Autosprint (in settings)
- Kicking people who AFK in the menu too long
Considering the fast-paced action of Splitgate, supporting the highest possible refresh rates is a nice-to-have feature. If you manage to have a 360hz monitor, well, you can now take advantage of it in Splitgate!
One of the most commonly suggested features for Splitgate has been an auto sprint feature, and the development team has been listening. As of update 1.04, you’ll now find an auto sprint option to enable or disable in the settings.
Finally, queue times have been one of the worst parts of the Splitgate beta. We’re not blaming the developers here; it’s just the nature of the beast. However, with this new change, players who AFK at the menu for too long will now get kicked. Maybe this means shorter queues? Just make sure you’re paying attention so that you don’t get kicked after waiting in line for half an hour.
Splitgate Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- New maps
- New modes
- Extended Battlepass
- Gameplay changes
- UI/QOL improvements
- Misc. changes
- New Maps – Crag, Foregone Destruction
- VIP Takedown – New casual game mode! Takedown variant where respawns stop when your VIP dies.
- Extended Beta Battlepass – We have added 5 new tiers to the limited time Beta Battle Pass! (All Free)
- Console FOV Slider – You can now change your FOV in the Video Settings
- Console KB/M Support (beta) – Switch to KB/M input in Gameplay Settings
- Known issues with Mouse Cursor sometimes not appearing
- Replays and Killcam now work on PlayStation
- Fixing various Portal Bugs that caused people to get stuck in walls.
- Aim assist no longer pulls through portals you can’t see through.
- Cross-platform Voice Chat now works in-game as well as in the pre/post game lobby.
- Adding a “Complete all Weekly Challenges” with a Drop Reward
UI / Quality of Life
- Custom Controller Bindings – Rebind your controls to any configuration you want in Controller Settings.
- New controller button presets – Bumper Jumper & Tactical
- Cross platform leaderboard toggle
- Custom server browser sorting + pagination
- Fixing issues on PlayStation where player names would take up to 5 minutes to load in
- Item Shop controller navigation improvements.
- Safe Zone improvements on PlayStation
- New Brass Rank – Added a rank below Bronze called Brass
- Rank Division – Each rank has been split into 2 divisions (ex. Gold 1, Gold 2)
- Anti-cheat improvements
- Various Crash Fixes
- Fixed hitch when opening a drop on base consoles
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.