Embarking on a journey through the cosmos is a tantalizing prospect that Bethesda’s Starfield promises to deliver. However, as early access opens the doors to this anticipated spacefaring RPG, some players might encounter roadblocks that prevent them from venturing into the stars.
If you’ve found yourself facing the frustration of Starfield early access not working as intended, don’t worry – this article is here to guide you through the troubleshooting process! Read on to find out how to fix your Starfield early access game!
How to Fix Starfield Early Access Not Working
If your Starfield early access game isn’t loading up or working correctly, you’re not alone. There are thousands upon thousands of players who are suffering from the same issue, and there are multiple reasons behind it.
Here are some quick and easy fixes that you can try based on the console you have:
How to Fix Starfield Early Access on Xbox
If you’re trying to play the early access version of Starfield on your Xbox and it’s refusing to work, don’t worry, there are a few things that you can try.
It’s possible that your console hasn’t gotten the memo yet that the early access is live. If that’s the case, then try following these steps to reset your console:
- Turn off your Xbox completely.
- Unplug your Xbox from the wall and keep it unplugged for at least 5 minutes.
- Plug your console back in and turn it on.
- Navigate back to your game and try loading it up again.
After you reset your console, your game should be running be running smoothly!
If you’re trying to run the Starfield Premium Edition early access via Game Pass, then the process of fixing it will look a bit different. Try this method if your Game Pass version of the game isn’t loading up correctly:
- Go to your Microsoft store.
- Select the Starfield game in the store.
- If it says “not downloaded”, go ahead and redownload it, and do not leave the downloading screen until it has finished.
- Once it has finished downloading, select the downloaded premium version.
- This should fix the issue.
How to Fix Starfield Early Access on PC
Believe it or not, fixing the Starfield early access on PC is even easier than fixing it on Xbox. If you’ve downloaded the game through Steam on your PC, just follow these incredibly easy steps to fix your game:
- Load up Steam and make sure you’re logged into your Steam account.
- Close out Steam completely while staying logged in.
- For some users, it may be necessary to restart your PC.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Load up Steam and navigate back to Starfield.
- The issue should now be resolved and your game should be running smoothly!
Regardless of whether you’re playing the game on Xbox or PC, these methods should help you resolve the “Starfield Early Access Not Working” issue; the sooner you follow these steps, the sooner you can get down on some star-filled adventures in Starfield early access!
If you ever need more assistance or advice regarding Starfield, just stay up to date on Gamer Journalist’s Starfield content, like our guide on all of Starfield’s social skills or how to be the best diplomat.