Genshin Impact Version 1.6 brings us those summer vibes right on queue. There is tons of new content to explore, including the Midsummer Island Adventure event. As always, it’s an excellent opportunity to get some rewards like free Primogems and acquire event currency to buy some fantastic items from the shop. In our Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Adventure event guide, we’ll walk you through every step of the way.
“One summer day, Klee received a message from a mysterious Dodo-King threatening to take Dodoco away…”
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Adventure Event Guide
Here is our Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Adventure event guide, covering all four parts of the event. There are two types of currency that you can acquire during this event: Shiny Flotsam and Mini Harpastum.
Act 1: Main Cannon, Make Ready… Fire!
- Collect 200 Shiny Flotsam
- Collect 1,000 Shiny Flotsam
- Collect 2,000 Shiny Flotsam
- Defeat 30 enemies while boarding a floating tower
- Defeat 60 enemies while boarding a floating tower
- Use the Waverider’s Heavy Cannon or explosive barrels to destroy 5 Violent Wind Barriers
Rewards for part one of the Midsummer Island Adventure include 90 Primogems, 120,000 Mora, 6 Hero’s Wit, 2,000 Shiny Flotsam (event currency) and a Waverider Repair Toolbox. You can use the toolbox to repair the damage done to any Waverider, restoring 50% of the structural integrity on a ninety-second cooldown.
To collect flotsam, open up your map in the Golden Apple Archipelago. Locate the Hilichurl looking icon on the map, and navigate to it in the Waverider. Use your cannons to destroy any unstable structures, and then hop out of the boat and take down the rest of the hilichurls using your character. After each zone is cleared, you’ll get 200 Shiny Flotsam. That means to complete all of the challenges for part one, you need to clear ten areas.
Occasionally, you will see some areas protected by bubbles or Violent Wind Barriers. You can shoot the explosive barrels next to them to diminish the shields or use your heavy cannon to help make quick work of it. Note that if there is an Anemo Hilichurl nearby, you will need to eliminate it as well. Look out for the whirlpools, as they will throw you off course and also damage the Waverider.
Act 2: Whirlpool off to the Starboard… Full Speed Ahead!
Act 2 entails navigating a variety of obstacles in The Waverider to collect Wavesplitter Insignias and win rewards. These can be complex challenges on mobile devices and will undoubtedly put your sailing skills to the test. There are three parts to this act:
- Skipper’s Savvy
- Fishy Sea Breeze
- Whirling Voyage
Enter your boat and face it west next to the red color bell object floating in the water. Interact with the object to begin the challenge. You will notice yellow orbs that will refill your Stamina. There’s a not required for the challenge, but they will help you get through the course quicker. Your main objective is collecting the large yellow Wavesplitter Insignias. The insignias affect your final score. There are water rings throughout the course, and you should always aim to go through those as they will give a nice boost.
After you make it through the sailing part, you will get to a glowing beam that means you’ll need to long-press the space bar (or up arrow on mobile) to hop out of your Waverider. Glide into the wind current, collect the insignias and follow the route of rings. Make sure to activate the waypoint near the challenge start point so that you can quickly teleport back over there if you want to retry.
There are three tiers of rewards for Skipper’s Savvy:
- Bronze Insignia: 30 Primogems, 30,000 Mora
- Silver Insignia: 30,000 Mora, 2 Guide to Freedom
- Gold Insignia: 30,000 Mora, 3 Hero’s Wit
If you’re having trouble, you should at least try and aim for Bronze so you can collect those Primogems!
Fishy Sea Breeze
Fishy Sea Breeze unlocks at 4 AM EST on June 12.
Whirling Voyage unlocks on June 12.
Part 3: Unlocks on June 14
Part three unlocks on June 14, so check back then for updates.
Part 4: Unlocks on June 17
Part three unlocks on June 17, so check back then for updates.
Genshin Impact Midsummer Island Adventure Item Shop
Here are all of the items available for purchase in the event shop:
- Crown of Insight: 500 Shiny Flotsam (1/1)
- Northlander Billet Trove: 500 Shiny Flotsam (1/1)
- Pure Gorgeous Summer Blueprint: 500 Shiny Flotsam (1/1)
- Philosophies books: 50 Shiny Flotsam Each (2/2)
- A Guide in the Summer Woods: 100 Shiny Flotsam (1/1)
- A Messenger in the Summer Woods: 100 Shiny Flotsam (1/1)
- Dodoco Tales Catalyst: 900 Mini Harpastum
- Fragments of Innocence Refinement Material: 500 Mini Harpastum
- Feather-Light Praise Blueprint: 200 Mini Harpastum
- The Blue Ocean’s Treasure Blueprint: 200 Mini Harpastum
- Witch’s Chorus Blueprint: 200 Mini Harpastum
- Chains of the Dandelion Gladiator: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Debris of Decarabian’s City: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Boreal Wolf’s Cracked Tooth: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Lustrous Stone from Guyun: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Mist Veiled Mercury Elixir: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Piece of Aerosiderite: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Mystic Enhancement Ore: 10 Mini Harpastum
- Mora: 10 Mini Harpastum (10,000)
Feel free to bookmark this page and check back soon for more updates!