The next major content update for Genshin Impact from Mihoyo is right around the corner. It will be a huge update, so fans are excited to learn about exactly what to expect. Travelers will be getting a lot of new content, so we’ve put together this guide to detail the Genshin Impact 2.0 release date, how to pre-load it, and everything you need to know.
When is the Genshin Impact 2.0 release date?
Genshin Impact 2.0 officially releases on July 21, 2021. Maintenance will begin at 6 am (UTC+8) and will last approximately five hours, according to Mihoyo. Players will receive 300 Primogems compensation for the downtime.
Genshin Impact 2.0 pre-loads officially begin on July 19 at 11 am (UTC+8). To begin the pre-installation process, launch the Genshin Impact client on PC and tap on the Game Pre-Installation button to download the update. Mobile users must go into the Paimon menu, tap on settings, go to other, and choose the pre-install resource package option.
What’s new in Genshin Impact 2.0?
Version 2.0 of Genshin Impact will bring us lots of new updates, including new characters (both playable and non-playable), events, and regions.
Act I and II will be available in update 2.0, including three Inazuma Islands out of a total of six. The islands are Narukami Island, Kannazuka, and Yashiori Island. Features of Inazuma include:
- Kamisato Ayaka house
- Inazuma enemies (robot and human)
- New Fatui enemy, Mirror Maiden
- Pyro Hypostasis boss
- Perpetual Mechanical Array
- Maguu Kenki
- Artifact Dungeon
- Inazuma Reputation System
- Kamisato Ayaka: 5-star Cryo (Sword)
- Yoimiya: 5-star Pyro (Bow)
- Sayu: 4-star Anemo (Claymore)
- Traveler: 5-star Electro (Sword)
Other characters include Raiden Shogun, Thoma, Kujou Sara, Sangonomiya Kokomi, Gorou, and Yae Miko. Various other Inazuma characters will also be available and TBA.
- Stage of Wonders: Theater Mechanicus Representative Komakata will finally be available in Inazuma.
- Lost Riches: Includes rewards such as Primogems, Hero’s Wit, Mystic Enhancement Ore, Mora, and the choice between a Curcuma, Rose, Dayflower, or Viola Mini Seelie.
- Thunder Sojourn: A Beidou themed event that includes rewards such as Mora, Primogems, Hero’s Wit, cosmetics, and more.
- Ley Line Overflow: During this event, Blossom of Wealth and Blossom of Revelation consume Original Resin to double your rewards, up to three times per day.
- Phantom Flow: During this event, completing various challenges rewards travelers with Hero’s Wit, Primogems, Enhancement Ore, Talent Level-Up Materials, and Mora.