A new Diablo 2 Resurrected patch has just hit PC, Xbox, and PlayStation platforms, with the Nintendo Switch update rolling out soon. Diablo 2 Resurrected patch 2.3.1 focuses more on the PC platform, with a few interesting fixes targeting quick casting and force move.
Quick Cast skills now target allies and corpses properly, and it allows players to move the mouse location outside of town. Additionally, Blizzard fixed Quick Cast with auras, which was undoubtedly an annoying mechanic. On a similar note, Force Move also received a fix, so if a player is holding down Force Move, they will continue moving after using a skill.
Quick Cast and Force Move are the two main highlights of this recent patch, but there are a few other fixes to note. You can read the complete list of patch notes below.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Update 2.3.1 Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue where some characters that have more than one special character in their name were unable to load into the game.
- Quick Cast skills now properly target allies and corpses
- Fixed an issue where opening the horadric cube while quick casting could cause your character to become stuck continuously casting
- Activating an aura with quick cast will no longer stop your character from moving
- Quick cast melee skills now allow the player to move to the mouse location outside of towns
- Improved quick cast behavior for Inferno and Arctic Blast
- Updated the DLSS .dll file to a more recent version
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present when using teleport
- Resolved some visual artifacts that would present around partially transparent walls
- Classic characters can now change their force move keybinding
- If the player is holding down Force Move, they will now continue moving after using a skill
- Force move now functions while in your stash and horadric cube menus
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through chat could at the same time scroll through your right mouse button skills
- Fixed an issue where performing an inventory action after weapon swapping would un-select your Throw skill
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game