There are tons of different gear mods to collect in Outriders, and it’s one of the many elements that make this looter-shooter game unique. You can find both class-specific and globally shared mods that offer a wide variety of benefits to your damage, armor, and other attributes. Gear mods play a major role in survivability during the higher World Tiers and Expedition Challenge Tiers in the endgame. Here’s a look at some of the best gear mods in Outriders, so you can figure out how to optimize your gear for your specific class build.
One thing you need to pay attention to is your class-specific gear mods. Each class skill has between five to seven tier-one mods broken out by each skill. Depending on your particular build, you’ll want to focus on mods for your primary damage-dealing ability. Enemy health scales high in endgame difficulties, so your damage output and survivability are the two most important stats to consider. We won’t be breaking down best mods by class or ranking mods by tiers because a lot of that is situational. You can check out our Technomancer, Trickster, Pyromancer, or Devastator builds for details on what’s suitable for each class.
The best gear mods in Outriders
Here’s a list of some of the best gear mods for damage and survivability in Outriders.
Here are some of the best damage mods in Outriders:
- Bloodlust: Killing shots increase your Firepower by a flat number, stacks up to three times, and deteriorates every ten seconds.
- Buckshot Shells: Shotgun Weapon Damage is increased by 10%.
- Captain Hunter: Increases your damage against Elites by 25%.
- Critstack: Critical shots build up to a five-second stacking effect that grants you Anomaly Power and Firepower bonuses, stacking up to five times.
- Dum-Dum Bullets: Increases Assault Weapon Damage by 10%.
- High Velocity Bullets: Sniper Weapon Damage is increased by 10%.
- Kingslayer: Boosts your Firepower when you hit a critical shot on an elite.
- Perseverance Munitions: When your health drops below 30%, increase your Firepower by a flat number for five seconds.
- Personal Space: Grants you a 15% bonus to Close Range Weapon Damage.
- Sharp Eye: Killing enemies while aiming down sights grants flat Firepower for twenty seconds, stacking up to three times.
- Sidearms Specialist: Increases damage dealt with Sidearm Weapons by 10%.
- Stare into the Barrel: Boosts your Firepower for each enemy in Close Range, stacking up to five times.
For the weapon-specific mods, you’ll want to pick one for whatever weapon you primarily use to deal damage. For example, pick Buckshot Shells and maybe Personal Space if you use shotguns.
If you play specific status effect builds, such as Bleed, Freezing, or the like, you can consider running mods like Ashen Boost, Bloody Boost, Freezing Boost, Toxic Lead, Bullet Kindling, and Radical Therapy. There are also the tier-three variants to these mods, which you can try if you unlock them.
Here are some of the best survivability mods in Outriders:
- Damage Absorber: Increases your armor by a flat number and resistance by 10%.
- Death’s Door: Doubles your armor whenever your health drops below 35%.
- Emergency Stance: Attain Golem protective effect for four seconds whenever your health drops below 30%.
- Ice Trap: Whenever your health drops below 30%, Freeze afflicts enemies within a 10-meter radius.
- Mitigation from Death: Killing enemies while aiming down sights grants more armor for ten seconds, stacking up to three times.
- Thirst for Blood: Killing enemies with a weapon while they’re afflicted with Bleed increases your weapon leech by 40% for ten seconds.
- Vampiric Mod: Killing shots on enemies afflicted with Bleed replenish 50% of ammo in your magazine.
- Vein Ripper: Critical shots inflict Bleed on enemies.
If you play a class that heavily relies on high ammo counts, you can combine Vein Ripper and Vampiric Mod, along with Thirst for Blood. The other options on this list are good for overall survivability.
Outriders Mods FAQ
Gear can be modded by visiting Dr. Zahedi in the camp at any region in Outriders. Speak with Dr. Zahedi and select the option, “I need to upgrade my gear.” A crafting window opens, allowing you to mod, upgrade the rarity, or increase the attributes on any piece of gear.
To unlock new mods in Outriders, you’ll need to dismantle gear that has a mod you don’t already know. The game does a good job of letting you know which mods you already have. Look for the four-square icon to the right of each mod when you hover over the item. If you see the icon there, it means you already unlocked the mod. Make sure to visit the in-game vendors, as they have a wide variety of items for sale, and it’s an excellent way to find items with unknown mods.