Releasing a game in 2023 is quite an endeavor. Moreover, the amount of competition and expectation from the fans is over the top, and sometimes that could translate to a game filled with bugs and glitches, even half-finished disasters. And while this may not be the case for Forspoken, it is currently undergoing some issues performance-wise. So today, we will talk about how to fix stuttering and crashing on startup in Forspoken.
How to Fix Stuttering and Crashing on Startup
Several Windows users have been reporting problems running the game on their systems. The issue is that, since every single system is different, there is no specific tip or solution in order to fix stuttering and crashing on startup in Forspoken. So, be sure to try every single step below and hope that it works for you.
Startup Issue Troubleshooting
- Restart your system. Troubleshooting 101. Nothing else to say.
- Verify the Forspoken files. Open Steam and open your Steam Library. Right-click on Forspoken and select Properties. Finally, go to Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files. This will find any broken or missing files and Steam will attempt to fix it.
- Disable any app overlay, or even disable an app altogether. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and launch Task Manager. Go to the Startup tab and right-click on any specific item you wish and select Disable. Restart your system and try launching Forspoken.
- Reinstall the game altogether.
- Be sure that your Antivirus or Firewall is not blocking your game from launching properly. Disable them altogether, or add the Forspoken and Steam .exe files and folder as exceptions.
- Update your GPU drivers and Windows installation. This could potentially solve any compatibility issues.
- Run Forspoken directly from the .exe file located in your Steam Library folder. Right-click on Forspoken in Steam Library, hover over Manage, and then click on Browse Local Files. Locate the game’s executable file and try launching it. Furthermore, you can even try to launch it by running the game as administrator by right-clicking the executable and select Run as administrator.
Related: Can You Skip Cutscenes in Forspoken?
Hopefully, trying these specific troubleshooting steps will make you enjoy the game,
if there is anything to enjoy. Nah, just kidding. Or am I? Well, you be the judge of that. Anyway, if any of these steps don’t work for you, then just wait for the Forspoken developers to fix any issue that may be happening on their side. Good luck!
Forspoken is available on PlayStation 5 and Windows. Please check out Gamer Journalist on Facebook to join the discussion and keep up to date with our content. You might also like to check out or guides on Where to get tall asters in forspoken?, or Forspoken – How to Catch Cat/Familiar.