A pre-order incentive encourages customers to reserve a copy of a product before it is released in stores. If you were one of the many people who pre-ordered FIFA 22, you might be wondering when and how your bonus will arrive, especially the most prominent item of the pre-order rewards – the OTW Pre-order Player Pack. With the launch of the Standard Edition, we’ve got all you need to know about the FIFA 22 pre-order rewards, how to claim them, and the OTW FUT 22 information.
How to Claim FIFA 22 Pre-order Rewards
FIFA 22 Standard Edition
If you pre-order the FIFA 22 Standard Edition, you’ll be able to claim these pre-order incentives from EA:
- TOTW 1 Player Item: Untradable player item for FUT
- Kylian Mbappé Loan item for 5 FUT Matches
- FUT Ambassador Loan Player Pick for 3 FUT Matches (Pick one over Alaba, Foden, and Son)
- Career Mode Homegrown Talent
FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition
If you pre-order the FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition by October 1, you’ll be able to claim all these above rewards with all the following:
- Untradeable Ones to Watch Player Item from October 1
- 4 Days Early Access from September 27
- 4600 FIFA Points
FUT Heroes Player item, available from December 1, provided that you’ve already pre-ordered this Edition before August 11
If you pre-order the FIFA 22 Ultimate Edition and you also have the EA Play Pro Edition by October 1, you’ll be able to claim all these above rewards with all the following:
- Up to 4800 FIFA Points (instead of 4600 Points) – 1600 monthly for 3 months from October 1
- Recurring EA Play member rewards throughout the season
- Ultimate Team Season XP Boosts
- VOLTA FOOTBALL season apparel
- Monthly FUT customization items
- Access to other EA games, such as Battlefield 2042 or Madden NFL 22.
- FUT Heroes Player item, available from December 1,
- 9 Days Early Access from September 22
- If two players share the FIFA 22, only the account purchasing the game will receive the pre-order rewards.
- All the rewards will be sent directly to gamers’ inventory
- Due to a technical issue when the OTW Pre-order Player Packs were released before the OTW launch, some players had opened it by mistake and received a normal card instead of OTW cards. So, EA will compensate every player who has pre-order FIFA 22 one more Pack regardless of having opened it or not.
So how about the FIFA 22 One To Watch?
There will be 26 OTW cards in total, divided into two teams and four different batches. Opening the OTW Pre-order Player Packs at different timeframes will give you the player in different brackets. For example, if you open the Pack from October 2 to October 10, you will only receive a player in team 1. Below is the OTW Release Schedule
- October 2 – October 9: 11 OTW players – Team 1
- October 4 – October 9: 3 more OTW players Team 1 added, making it 14 OTW Players in Team 1
- October 9 – October 14: 11 OTW players – Team 2
- October 9 – October 14: 3 more OTW players Team 2 added, making it 14 OTW Players in Team 2
- After October 14, you will be able to open players from both teams with your Packs.
So, there are several options for you to choose from. If you are looking for Cristiano Ronaldo or Varane for your Weekend League next week, you should use up your Pre-order pack right now. But if you are looking for Messi, you should save that Pack for later. Or, if you are in no rush, you have a decent squad, and you want your 2 packs would be CR7 and Messi’s walkouts successively, you can use those after October 14.
For more related content and guides, see our website’s FIFA 22 section!