Battlestate Games is still pushing out updates and revealed what will be coming to the newest patch. The new Escape from Tarkov 12.5 patch notes are below detailing what is expected to change once it goes live. There are many interesting new changes coming to the game, including game optimizations, new features, bug fixes, and a change in some game mechanics.
Optics seem to be the focus of a lot of changes. Players will no longer have to worry about their FPS dropping when scoped in. In addition to that, variable zoom optics will also be making their way into the game. A shot sound delay on the bolt-action sniper has also been removed.
A new Therapist service is also coming to the game, where players can heal up quickly at the end of the raid. Player actions are also getting a change, and you will not be able to start a new action until the previous one is complete. This translates into not being able to heal and reload at the same time.
There is no official release date for the Escape from Tarkov patch, but we can likely expect it to roll out in the coming weeks.
Escape from Tarkov 12.5 Patch Notes
- Redesigned part of the optics functionality, which reduces the occurrence of errors and on some PC configurations gives an increase in performance while aiming.
- Fixed some subsystems that could cause short-term freezes.
- Various minor performance improvements
- New Therapist service – quick treatment, available at the end of a raid. It allows you to heal the character immediately after the raid, as well as shows the sources of damage in untreated parts of the body in the raid.
- “Hideout” and “main menu” are added to the panel at the bottom of the screen for quick access
- In-game color correction settings (post-fx)
- Various improvements to the UI layout
- Added dependence of mouse sensitivity on the multiplicity of optics
- Fixed one of the bugs where the grenade and its explosion were not visible
- Fixed a bug with the missing image in optics after reconnect
- Fixed a bug displaying the movement of the bots in the third person
- Fixed a bug where money could be spent on insurance from the character’s inventory, and not from the stash
- Fixed a bug that blocked the entire interface when calling the context menu
- Fixed one of the bugs that caused the player to see the “Leaving the game” error before the end of the raid
- Bolt-action sniper rifles have a shot sound delay removed
- Fixed a bug where the sharpness setting was reset
- Fixed an exploit with a door pushing the player out at an Interchange that allowed you to get into a locked pharmacy
- Fixed a bug with displaying the map if you zoom in and out
- Fixed incorrect display of a third-person grenade throw
- Adjusted the position of the weapon behind the character’s back
- Fixed a minor bug that turned on the flashlight when getting into the Hideout
- Fixed cursor position offset when dragging windows (inspector menu\looting interfaces) for 2K resolution
- Fixed a bug that left the inspector window open if you close it via ESC
- Fixed a bug where aspect ratio changed every time the game was launched
- Fixed a bug where the stock of weapons in the inventory does not fold if the player is holding a melee weapon
- Fixed a bug where the context menu on the map screen disappeared
- Various bug fixes on locations
- Many different fixes in the interfaces
- Various bug fixes for AI behavior
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
- Location map moved from the matching screen to a separate button
- Now, when using items, the use of the new item is blocked until the use of the previous one is completed
Official patch notes were pulled from this thread.