The newest content patch for Fortnite Season X is finally here. Earlier in this season players were given Tilted Town and a new Automatic Sniper Rifle. Patch v10.10 brings back an old location, and a controversial unit.
Retail Row Returns
Players noticed a rift beacon appearing at Mega Mall earlier this week. Rift Beacons often signal an upcoming change in the area it appears. Retail Row is now back, and so are zombies!
World Run LTM
A new limited-time mode called World Run has been introduced. Four teams of 16 players battle it out to see who can be the first to collect 30 coins around the map.
The most significant and controversial change to Season X has been the BRUTE mech. Many Fortnite players are at their wit’s end with this new addition. Epic Games decided to make a change:
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- In addition to the B.R.U.T.E.’s gunner, this laser is visible to opponents and teammates.
- This is to help give clarity to all players on where a gunner is aiming their rockets before they’re fired.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.E.s can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- Updated B.R.U.T.E. spawn logic for large team respawn game modes.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.E.s abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.E.s will reappear on the mini map after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
Chests and Ammo Boxes
Another interesting change coming to this season is a new chest and ammo box functionality. Upon destroying the objects, they will now drop the contents from inside rather than disappearing.
Many other patch notes and changes were also included in the most recent v10.10 patch. Visit the official Epic Games Fortnite Patch Notes page for a full list of changes.