The New World Update 1.1.1 patch is on the way and officially drops this evening. Players can expect mostly bug fixes resulting from the November Update, along with some changes to Jewelcrafting, the Void Gauntlet, and Motes. Amazon Games states they are thankful to all the players for their patience and reports on the forums. There’s a full list of New World Update 1.1.1 patch notes below.
Some notable changes in this update include a rework of collecting motes, free Horticulturist armor, re-enabled trading, moving and salvaging of housing items, minor Jewelcrafting bug fixes affecting trade skill XP, and the initial groundwork for server merges. As Amazon Games takes the initial steps to enable server merging, they have also enhanced War performance. Additionally, a few fixes with the Void Gauntlet are also being addressed.
New World Update 1.1.1 releases at 11 p.m. PT (7 a.m. UTC) on November 30.
New World Update 1.1.1 patch notes
Motes from Elemental enemies:
- Fixed an issue causing a large number of motes to drop from elemental enemies.
- We also removed elemental motes as rewards from gathering elemental creatures and reduced the number of other resources acquired from them to account for the number in the world and the frequency at which they respawn. The original intention with these creatures was to make them challenging and infrequent encounters in the world. The way we used them in practice made them less dangerous and more frequent, which caused an imbalance in the number of resources they provided compared to the primary sources such as elemental plants and stones.
Missing Horticulture Gear
In our latest update, we mistakenly treated all tiers of the in-game Horticulture harvesting gear as future content and unintentionally removed them from the game. We apologize for this bug that has caused you to lose some items you rightfully earned. If you have lost an acquired piece of Harvester Armor you should have an extra Rewards Chest in your Inventory after this update.
These reward chests contain a full set of Horticulturist armor provided at the highest Tier you personally have acquired in the past for any piece of the Harvester set. They are also rolling at the maximum Gear Score for that tier, and will be useable at any level to ensure you can equip them. These items are marked as Bind on Equip like any Harvester armor piece you would encounter normally. Once you open the chest, it will provide you five items:
- Harvester Hat
- Harvester Shirt
- Harvester Gloves
- Harvester Pants
- Harvester Shoes
- Re-enabled trading, moving, and salvaging of furnishings/housing items.
- Fixed a bug where Jewel crafting recipes were not granting enough trade skill XP
- Recently we lowered the amount of trade skill XP provided by lower-tiered items when a player reaches a new tier of crafting bases per skill. To use metal as an example, when a player unlocks Steel recipes, they earn less from crafting iron recipes. We did this to emphasize crafting higher-tiered items as you progress through trade skills and improve the value of higher-tiered materials. Our intention behind this change is to reward players for crafting higher-tiered items as they progress through the ranks of each trade skill. Before this change, we found players were spending too much time crafting low-tier items as opposed to pushing their crafting skills up crafting items that they may actually use at their current level.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to fill Buy Orders from local Storage Sheds
- Technical groundwork for server merges
- War performance enhancements
General Bug Fixes
- Void Gauntlet – Fix to Oblivion not going onto cooldown if player swapped weapons during skill startup.
- Void Gauntlet – Fix to consumable status effects being cleansed by Oblivion
- Fixed an issue that was causing Jewelcrafting to not award appropriate amounts of XP for higher-tier crafts
- Fixed an issue preventing players from earning the Lumberjack achievement
For more related content, you can check out our New World section.