Cooking in New World probably has the most diverse ingredient list out of all of the crafting professions. You will find yourself looking for tons of obscure and different ingredients from nearly the start of the cooking grind. Some ingredients can only be found from provision crates littered around the world, but others can be harvested from herb plants.
The caveat is that drops from herb plants are specific to the territory you are in. So if you have been in Windsward farming herb plants for Garlic, you’re out of luck, and you’ll have to go to Everfall for that.
New World Herb Farming Guide
In this guide, we will share our favorite herb farming routes in the four starting territories. These routes will cover thirteen of the sixteen different herbs. Herbs are more plentiful in the starting areas, and mobs are lower level, making our lives easier. We will also discuss the best gear and items to help boost your output.
Herbs by Territory
Here is a breakdown of the different herbs you can find broken up by territory.
- Windsward – Mint, Thyme, Ginger
- First Light – Cinnamon, Dill, Nutmeg, Saffron
- Monarch’s Bluff – Oregano, Paprika, Peppercorn
- Everfall – Basil, Garlic, Parsley
- Brightwood – Basil, Paprika, Saffron, Sage, Tarragon
- Cutlass Keys – Cinnamon, Parsley, Peppercorn
- Weaver’s Fen – Mint, Nutmeg, Rosemary
- Restless Shore – Mint, Oregano, Rosemary
- Great Cleave – Garlic, Nutmeg, Rosemary
- Mourningdale – Dill, Paprika, Peppercorn, Saffron
- Reekwater – Ginger, Saffron, Sage, Tarragon, Thyme
- Shattered Mountain – Oregano, Paprika
- Ebonscale Reach – Ginger, Thyme
- Edengrove – Cinnamon, Dill, Parsley
You can find all of the herbs on the map by checking out this interactive map.
Starting Territory Herb Farming Routes
Here are our preferred herb farming routes in the starting territories. They are ordered from what we believe to be the best to worst routes. Farming herbs in all four of the locations over time will yield you Mint, Thyme, Ginger, Cinnamon, Dill, Nutmeg, Saffron, Oregano, Paprika, and Peppercorn.
Windsward – Mint, Thyme, Ginger
Windsward has the best herb route out of all the starting areas. Make your way down to the starting area for that territory and equip your harvesting gear. Besides herbs, this route is packed full of berries, hemp, and even a few provision crates. The area is filled with low-level boars, so there will be minimum fighting.
First Light – Cinnamon, Dill, Nutmeg, Saffron
First Light is the next best herb farming route out of the starting areas. This route starts just north of First Light. This one has a bit more zig-zagging, but it has tons of hemp like the other routes. On your return from finishing this route, you can also hit up the farm for some corn and cabbage.
Monarch’s Bluff – Oregano, Paprika, Peppercorn
The Monarch’s Bluff herb route can be found just east of the fort in that territory. This route is the most extended, with the most walking time without a harvest to reset the loop. However, the herb nodes are pretty dense, so you’re output should still be good. You can also just loop the bottom half of the route to save yourself some time. Again this route has a decent amount of hemp as well to supplement.
Everfall – Basil, Garlic, Parsley
The Everfall route probably has the lowest output, but the route is nicely condensed, so you don’t waste too much time walking around. This route is found in the Everfall starting area just west of the town. You will find tons of berries, hemp, and even a few iron nodes on the route as well.
Harvesting Gear and Items
Your choice of gear is simple. You want to equip as much armor that has increased Harvesting Luck as possible. The gear score or secondary stats don’t matter. You’re just looking for the highest Harvesting Luck. Gear of this type will drop naturally as you play, but you can also purchase it at the auction house or craft it if you have the right crafting mods.
Besides the armor, you will want to either craft or buy tons of Cooked Corn. The various tier cooked corn food will provide you with a boost to your harvesting luck. The effect will last 25 minutes, so be sure to keep an eye on it and eat more when it wears off.
Provisions by Territory
Not only are the herbs you will get from harvesting specific to the territory you’re in, but the food you find in provision crates is as well. Here is a list of the drops you will get in provision crates by territory.
- Windsward – Coconut, Milk, Sugar
- First Light – Cauliflower, Melon, Milk, Onion
- Monarch’s Bluff – Milk, Rice, Tomato, Yeast
- Everfall – Milk, Salt, String Bean
- Brightwood – Apple, Milk, Salt, Yeast
- Cutlass Keys – Milk, Onion, Orange, Tomato
- Weaver’s Fen – Coconut, Lemon, Melon, Milk
- Restless Shore – Coconut, Lemon, Milk, Rice
- Great Cleave – Lemon, Melon, Milk
- Mourningdale – Cauliflower, Milk, Orange, Tomato
- Reekwater – Apple, Milk, String Bean, Sugar
- Shattered Mountain – Milk, Rice, Yeast
- Ebonscale Reach – Milk, String Bean, Sugar
- Edengrove – Cauliflower, Milk, Onion, Orange
If you want some help finding provision creates, check out the NewWorldDB.GG interactive map.
We hope you found this guide helpful. Whether you’re farming herbs to sell at the auction house or to level up your cooking, the farming routes above should give you a solid start. If you find better herb farming routes, please feel free to share them with us.