It’s no secret that Apex Legends has emerged as one of the most popular and exciting first-person shooters in the world. Featuring legendary characters with special abilities, stunning maps, and the highly sought-after battle royale game mode.
Apex Legends has also built up a reputation for its incredibly dynamic style of movement. Which allows elite players to pull off more advanced maneuvers and strategies. One of which is called tap strafing.
Here is everything you need to know about the strategy and how to tap strafe in Apex Legends.
How to Tap Strafe in Apex Legends
Tap strafing in Apex Legends is a special type of movement that essentially allows you to change direction quickly and in midair after a sliding jump without losing your momentum. However, because this is one of the more technical maneuvers in Apex Legends, it can only be executed through mouse and keyboard. It will not work using a controller.
It’s also a strategy that’s generally frowned upon, which is why Respawn Entertainment has tried to resolve the tap-strafing “issue” by patching it in the most recent season update. However, while the maneuver has been nerfed to a certain degree, it is still very possible to accomplish.
So, here’s how to tap strafe in Apex Legends.
Step #1 – Alter Mouse/Keyboard settings
- Open up your settings and go over to “Mouse/Keyboard”.
- Next, go to where it says “Move Forward” in the “Movement” section.
- Set Key 1 to “W”, and then set the Key 2 to either scroll up or scroll down on your mouse wheel.
Step #2 – Run in a certain direction and slide jump
- Start by running in a certain direction.
- Then slide jump while holding down either “A” or D”. Depending on the direction you want to tap strafe.
Step #3 – Flick the scroll wheel at the peak of your jump
- Once you’ve hit your peak of the jump, flick the scroll wheel in the direction you want to go without letting go of “A” or D”.
- Let go of “W” while in the air. By moving the mouse in the intended direction and continuing to scroll the mouse wheel. You will be able to rotate 180-degrees instantly.
And there you have it, that’s basically everything you need to know about how to tap strafe in Apex Legends!