Looking for the best armor in Ghost of Tsushima? There are various armor sets and attire you can choose from in the open-world samurai adventure that is Ghost of Tsushima.
In this guide, we’ll review all the different best armor in Ghost of Tsushima. You will also learn how to unlock each armor set, and the perks they provide for Jin.
Ghost of Tsushima Armor Sets
- Broken Armor
- Traveler’s Attire
- Samurai Clan Armor
- Ronin Attire
- Tadayori’s Armor
- Gosaku’s Armor
- Kensei Armor
- Sakai Clan Armor
- Ghost Armor
- Mongol Commander’s Armor
Broken armor is the first armor set Jin is wearing at the start. It’s haggard and not at all effective, but it’s all he has at the moment. Perhaps you want to make the game as challenging as possible for yourself and wear this throughout.
- How to get Broken Armor: you start with it.
- Perks: no perks; it’s terrible.
Traveler’s Attire is a handy set of armor you unlock in the early stages of the game. It is not as useful for combat as it is for exploring.
- How to get Broken Armor: Sold by a merchant near Hiyashi Springs
- Track Artefacts with the Guiding Wind.
- Travelling Clears 10% more fog of war on the map.
- The controller vibrates within 30m of an Artefact.
Level two Traveler’s Attire grants 20% more fog of war clearing, and level three grants 30% more.
Samurai Clan Armor
Samurai Clan Armor is part of a quest reward for The Tale of Lady Misako in Jin’s Journey. It’s an excellent all-around armor for the beginning stages of the game.
- How to get Samurai Clan Armor: speak with the armorer.
- Reduce all damage by a Moderate amount.
- Moderate health increases.
- Taking damage grants 15% resolve.
Subsequent upgrades to the Samurai Clan Armor further reduce the amount of damage taken.
Ronin Attire is for those who live by the bow and the blade. It’s an armor set for those who play stealthily. Increasing melee damage is a nice bonus, as well. It has its uses but is not the best armor in the game.
- How to get Ronin Attire:
- Enemy detection speed reduced by 20%.
- 30% increase to Melee Damage.
- After leaving pampas grass while crouched, enemies will be much slower to detect you.
Found in Kechi Fishing Village on Izuhara, Tadayori’s Armor is a quest reward for The Legend of Tadayori mythic tales. It is an armor that once belonged to the legendary archer Tadayori.
- How to get Tadayori’s Armor: speak with the armorer.
- Increases nocking and reload speed by 15%.
- Increases total Concentration time by 1 second.
- Headshots restore 25% of the Concentration meter.
Gosaku’s Armor is likely the most potent offensive armor in the entire game. It provides health and damage increases and a life-leech ability that heals you when getting stagger kills.
- How to get Gosaku’s Armor: Complete The Unbreakable Gosaku mythic tale to unlock Gosaku’s attire.
- Health increases.
- Increase to Stagger Damage.
- Killing a Staggered enemy restores 10% health.
Where it lacks in defense, it makes up for in Resolve and weapon damage perks. Kensei Armor allows you to make many more special attacks during long fights. Using Ghost Weapons will put a debuff on the enemy, making them weaker in health and take more damage.
- How to get Kensei Armor: Complete The Six Blades of Kojiro mythic tale to unlock it.
- Increase to Resolve gains.
- Increase to Ghost Weapons damage.
- Striking an enemy with a Ghost Weapon causes that enemy to deal 25% less damage and receive 25% more damage.
Sakai Clan Armor
Sakai Clan Armor buffs Jin’s Standoff, allowing him to take on several enemies and scare away nearby onlookers. Not every encounter can be a Standoff, though. That makes this armor situational, and very handy at times.
- How to get Sakai Clan Armor: You obtain this during the Ghosts from the Past main questline.
- Melee damage increase.
- Health increase.
- Increase the Standoff Streak by 2. Winning a Standoff has a 25% chance to Terrify nearby enemies.
Ghost Armor is the set many players will want to get their hands on quickly. It allows Jin to enter Ghost Stance much quicker, making it the best stealth-based armor set in the game. Terrifying nearby enemies is an added benefit of this one.
- How to get Ghost Armor: Complete the main storyline quest From the Darkness.
- Enemy detection speed reduction.
- Reduces the number of kills needed to enter Ghost Stance.
- Kills have a 15% chance to Teriffy a nearby enemy.
Mongol Commander’s Armor
The Mongol Commander’s Armor serves one purpose: to blend in and prevent detection. You can use it to your advantage by gaining a superior position and doing stealthy activities. Unlike other Ghost of Tsushima armors, this one cannot be upgraded.
- How to get Mongol Commander’s Armor: Complete the Fit for a Khan tale in the third act.
- Health increases.
- Reduction to all damage.
- Disguises you while out of combat, reducing Mongol detection speed.
Ghost of Tsushima Armor FAQ
First, head to Hiyoshi Springs and speak with the Merchant selling Armor Dyes. You can choose from various armor dyes and bow vanity gear in this manner.