Fortnite’s holiday event, dubbed Winterfest 2020, is underway. With it comes some new challenges, including Operation Snowdown. We have a sneak peek at some of the Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges and rewards, so you know exactly what you can unlock during this time.
The challenges are now available in-game and are a great way to unlock free new content. Rewards potentially feature dozens of cosmetics, ranging from holiday-themed skins, wraps, stickers, and much more.
Fortnite: Operation Snowdown Challenges and Rewards
Here’s a look at the Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges and rewards for Chapter 2 Season 5:
- Complete Epic Quests (73)
- Visit five different Snowmando Outposts
- Deal damage with the Lever Action Rifle (100)
- Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (9, 12)
- Dance at five different Holiday trees
- Search five chests at Snowmando Outposts
- Place Top 10 with friends in squads (3)
- Destroy five Nutcracker statues
- Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwinds (5000)
- Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwinds (10)
- Collect Gold Bars (100)
- Catch a Snowy Flopper (1)
- Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
- Play five duo/squads games with friends
- Stoke a campfire (2)
- Deal damage at Snowmando outposts (250)
- Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
Some of the best cosmetics for this event are the Snowmando and Frost Squad skins, awarded to players for completing 9 and 12 Operation Snowdown challenges, respectively.
Keep in mind, all leaks in this post are speculative and have not been officially confirmed by Epic Games. Therefore, they may be subject to change when the actual event unlocks.
Play five duo/squads games with friends
As of December 27, Snowmando’s Operation Snowdown challenge to play five duo/squads games with friends is now underway. You can pick up a Frosty Globes Pickaxe for completing this one.