Trying to figure out the best team to play for in NBA 2K20 MyCareer? As one of NBA2k20’s most appealing game modes, MyCareer has dominated a vast majority of the game’s traction and popularity for a good reason. It allows for full build customization, and more importantly, complete freedom in how you want to layout your MyCareer story. It all starts by picking a team to play for in the beginning stages of setting up your MyPlayer. Although seemingly trivial, choosing a good team comes with amazing benefits, including increased VC input and better performance. This guide shows you how to find the best team for your specific MyPlayer.
How to pick the best team to play for in NBA 2K20 MyCareer
There are three approaches you can take when it comes to picking a team. You can base your decision on a few different factors:
- Picking a team you follow
- Picking a team based on fit
- Picking a team based on seeding
Picking the team you know best
A lot of NBA2k20 players also have a favorite team. The most popular ones include the Lakers, Knicks, Heat, and Warriors. Other than thinking too hard about fit, pick the team that you follow the most. Being familiar with a team provides a twofold benefit.
First, you know that team’s strengths and weaknesses. Through that knowledge alone, you can get your teammates in position and play off their tendencies. By going to a team that you do not know that well, you are at a huge disadvantage in not knowing how you complement their game and vice-versa.
Secondly, your individual performance will shine on passion alone. As a fan, many of us wish to help out our team, regardless of their standing in the positions. By immersing yourself in a team you know about and are passionate about, your performance will shine through the box score, and hopefully, the win column.
Picking a team based on fit
Although a lot of users have favorite teams, it may not always be the best fit. For example, if your player is a Playmaking Point Guard, how useful would you be on the Pelicans? If you had a Mid-Range Finishing Small Forward, how would you be helpful to a team like the Nets, which has Kevin Durant on board?
Instead, regarding your player build and style, pick a team that needs your specific skillset. As a Playmaking Point Guard, the Knicks would be a great fit next to R.J Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. A scoring Small Forward, on the other hand, would work well on a team like the Hawks or the Timberwolves. Here’s a list of good teams to pick for each position:
- Point Guard – Chicago Bulls, Detroit Pistons, LA Lakers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Orlando Magic, New York Knicks
- Shooting Guard – Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Toronto Raptors, Philadelphia 76ers
- Small Forward – Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, Philadelphia 76ers, Portland Trailblazers, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Power Forward – Boston Celtics, Brooklyn Nets, Miami Heat, Portland Trailblazers, Utah Jazz
- Center – Atlanta Hawks, Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Miami Heat, Sacramento Kings
Picking a team based on seeding
If your goal is to get VC, fans, and wins as much as possible, pick the best team available. You cannot go wrong with the Raptors, Warriors, Lakers, Bucks, or Clippers. Even if you do not fit in, a championship run is highly likely if you add to these teams’ dimensions. Due to this, you can get more fans due to exposure, increased VC due to better chances of team play, and more wins on the board.
Those are the three approaches you can take when it comes to picking the best team to play for in NBA 2K20 MyCareer.