The Midsummer Fire Festival event in World of Warcraft Classic celebrates the summer solstice. You may notice camps with large bonfires, dancing poles, and new quests celebrating this event in all major cities throughout Azeroth. New world buffs are now available as part of the event, which includes Fire Festival Fortitude, Fire Festival Fury, and Ribbon Dance.
The Fire Festival Event is active from June 21 through July 5, 2020.
Midsummer Fire Festival Buffs in World of Warcraft Classic
Here are the three buffs you can obtain from this event:
- Fire Festival Fortitude: +30 stamina for 1 hour
- Fire Festival Fury: +3% crit to melee and spells for 1 hour
- Ribbon Dance: +30 Fire Resistance for 1 hour
Fire Festival Fortitude
The Fire Festival Fortitude buff provides +30 stamina for a 1-hour duration. Players must be inside of a friendly city when a player turns in one of the following quests:
- Stealing Thunder Bluff’s Flame
- Stealing Orgrimmar’s Flame
- Stealing the Undercity’s Flame
- Stealing Darnassus’s Flame
- Stealing Ironforge’s Flame
- Stealing Stormwind’s Flame
Fire Festival Fury
Toss a Burning Blossom on a bonfire. Burning Blossoms are rewards from completing quests. Throwing a Burning Blossom into a bonfire awards the player with Fire Festival Fury, which increases the critical chance and spell critical chance by 3% for one hour. The buff goes away on death.
To receive the Ribbon Dance buff, players must dance around Ribbon Poles with at least one other player. There must be at least two dancers around the pole to get the buff, which grants +30 fire resistance for one hour. Simply right-click on the pole and you will see a tether. When two people have the tether, the buff casts in ~3 seconds. The buff goes away on death.
Midsummer Fire Festival Consumables and Quest Rewards
There are a variety of new quests exclusive to this event. The rewards for Flickering Flames in the Eastern Kingdoms and Flickering Flames in Kalimdor are four consumables:
- Elderberry Pie – Increases Defense by 13 for 1 hour.
- Midsummer Sausage – Increases damage done from spells by up to 23 for 1 hour.
- Fire-toasted Bun – Improves your chance to hit by 2% for 1 hour.
- Toasted Smorc – Increasing healing done by magical spells by up to 44 for 1 hour.
Other quest rewards include:
- Burning Blossom – Reward from The Festival of Fire, Wild Fires in Kalimdor, A Light in Dark Places, a Thief’s Reward
- Cinder Bracers – Reward from Wild Fires in Kalimdor
- Mantle of the Fire Festival – Reward from Wild Fires in the Eastern Kingdoms
- Captured Flame – Reward from A Light in Dark Places (Level 50)
- Crown of the Fire Festival – Reward from A Thief’s Reward (Level 50)
Midsummer Fire Festival Locations
Here is the location of the Midsummer Fire Festival camps for all of the major cities in WoW Classic.