I have always considered myself a melee guy. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the other classes in RPGs, but the satisfaction of using a sword and a shield is something that has no comparison whatsoever. That is, until I encounter a Mage that will one shot kill me without me noticing. Yeah, I don’t fair very well with mages. If you are one, congratulations, you probably are a better human being than me. But if we are talking about gaming, and World of Warcraft Dragonflight, there are three types of Mages that rule over us noobs: Arcane, Fire and Frost. Which is the most powerful in the game, you wonder? Well, here we will explain what is the best mage spec in World of Warcraft Dragonflight. The best part is, I won’t get killed by them this time. That sounds fun, let’s do it.
The Best Mage Specs in Dragonflight
The answer to what is the best mage spec is: it depends. I know, that’s not what you are looking for, but for different jobs, we need a different spec, we already talked about this. It is not the same facing a PVP Arena than going solo and adventuring throughout the old WoW content. It is simply not the same, and you will need to use different types of Mages. Here are the best Mage Specs in Dragonflight, according to the game mode you are going to play:
- Solo Leveling: if you are all about going solo, then the Frost Mage will be the way to go. A very neat learning curve and quite great abilities that will suit several pesky situations. You can’t go wrong by going Frost.
- PVP Arenas: if hoping into arenas with a team with strong melee partners, then an Arcane Mage is your best bet for success. Arenas and Arcane Mages are like butter and bread, they compliment each other in what damage output means.
- PVP Battlegrounds: in order to have control over your enemies and the situation, again, Frost Mage is the best way to keep everyone on check and getting rid of those mobs.
- PVE: Fire Mages are the best choice for PVE. Their ability for surviving, moving and dealing with mobs and bosses and being able to protect themselves are what will turn the tides of a battle in PVE.
- Old Content Soloing: Arcane Mages are the go-to Mage spec for old content soloing. The ability to summon wisps is what will make your journey to the past a success.
Pick your Mage wisely and get ready to survive and summon all help necessary to be succesful in the several modes of the game. Be wary though, if you are a new adopter for ranged DPS, you will have to train a little bit in order to get used to handling Mages. But once you do, you will be unstoppable.
World of Warcraft Dragonflight is available on Windows and macOS. If you like our WoW content, be sure to check out Why Can’t I Use Threads of Fate in Dragonflight? Answered and How to Download the Handynotes Plugin for World of Warcraft Dragonflight.