New World Update 1.0.3 is set to release on October 20, 2021, at 1 AM EST (5 AM UTC). Server transfers are being finalized, and several bug fixes make their way into the patch notes. We have a full list of all the New World October 20 patch notes for Update 1.0.3 down below, along with a recap of all the important changes you need to know.
Character server transfers will be incrementally rolled out by region, beginning with the Utopia world in the AP Southeast region. So long as everything holds up and scales properly, server transfers will then open up to the remainder of worlds in AP Southeast. After eight hours, if all goes according to plan, Amazon Games will then open server transfers for the remaining regions.
Aside from character server transfers, some notable changes include a reversion to the number of reagents that drop from chests. A change was implemented in update 1.0.2, causing too many refining reagents to drop. In short, the fix means you can expect fewer reagents from chests, meaning the price of Flux, Sandpaper, Crossweave, Tannin, Solven, and all higher tier equivalents should increase sharply in value.
Additionally, a frustrating bug preventing T4 and T5 Azoth Staffs from closing high-level portals has been addressed. On a similar note, the abandoning event notification issue has also been fixed. Many more bugs have also been resolved, as per the notes below.
New World October 20 patch notes (Update 1.0.3)
- Implemented final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Added improvements to the World selection UI.
- Added clearer messaging when a player is kicked due to going AFK or violating the EAC.
- Added clearer messaging when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- Implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate concerns around the client performance in War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer on Boatswain Ambrose and various other elite enemies throughout the world.
- In The Depths, Players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players attempt to buy their own items in the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest/loot change from update 1.0.2 that was causing too many refining reagents to roll from chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is limited to 1 skill perk per piece.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from items upon trade with a warning message present.
- The Time to Declare War” timer now visually pauses to make it clear when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. Territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed issues with the T4 and T5 azoth staffs— go close those high level portals!
- Fixed an issue causing the abandoning event notification to persist.
- Fixed a housing UI issue. The UI will now correctly shows that property taxes are subject to the full price of the home, and not impacted by the first time home buyer discount.
- Fixed issues with early game spawning. The watchtower respawn point is replaced by the Settlement after it has been discovered. Players no longer incorrectly respawn at a Watchtower after selecting to respawn at a Settlement.
- Fixed various localization issues throughout the game.
- Fixed an issue where not all items for Town Projects were consumed when completing the mission.
- Resolved login errors that prevented players from accessing their character.
- Fixed an issue that caused Arena keys to not drop as intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Runic Bear armor to not be appropriately dyed during Wars.
- Fixed a pet placement issue. Pets placed in an otherwise empty house now remain in the home after the player logs out, instead of returning the pet to the player’s inventory.
- AP Southeast servers now display the correct time zone in-game.
- Fixed an issue with titles – player titles and achievements now appear as intended, and the achievement tab properly updates when a new achievement is earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused Company invites to persist after decline/accept.
- Fixed an issue that caused Rajah spawns to stack forever – one big cat at a time, please!
The fixes listed below are tentative fixes and mitigations. Our goal is to get these changes out and see if issues persist, so we can continue to work on them and address in a future update if necessary.
- Worked to fix an issue where Wars and Invasions kicked off earlier than scheduled.
- Worked to fix an issue where not all settlement stations upgrade as intended when town projects are completed.
- Players should no longer become stuck when entering or exiting an instance. If a player reconnects and their character is dead, the respawn screen is open with respawn options available. Players who are currently stuck need to contact customer support to have their character unstuck.
Patch Notes via Amazon Games