It’s an exciting time for racing fans with Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels‘s arrival! Players can now venture out into a brand-new Hot Wheels island, complete with new tracks, sights, and vehicles to immerse themselves with. But what is a good racing title if you can’t play with friends? Luckily for players, Playground Games has made it more accessible than ever for users to group up with friends. The answer is yes, you can play with friends and we know how to do it. We’ll explain how to do it so that there’s nothing standing in the way between your group of friends and a fun Hot Wheels racing experience.
Can You Play Forza Horizon 5: Hot Wheels With Friends? Answered
With the way that this expansion has been approached, it’s easier than ever for players to get into the content that they paid for. Whether it’d be solo or with friends, it’s not going to take much to get into the swing of things. Let’s dive in!
- The first thing you’re going to want to do is to ensure that everyone you’re going to play with has the DLC installed before getting your hopes up. As this DLC isn’t free, even to Game Pass members, you’re all going to have to purchase it ahead of time.
- Once purchased, go ahead and download it before booting up the game.
- Following that, it’s best to make sure everyone has completed the first 15 minutes or so of the game so that everybody has access to it. I’ve been in those spots before where I go to play a game with friends and the whole team gets held up because one person just isn’t far enough. The good thing is that the first 15 minutes are relatively easy to get through.
- An indicator that you’re coming up to the end of the initial stages of the game is that you’ll be able to create a character. Once you’ve finished creating characters, you’ll be placed into the main game’s open world and have to complete a cou0ple of missions before the Hot Wheels Expedition is added to the map.
- Once you each complete that, it’s smooth sailing. At this point, the Hot Wheels Park will be unlocked for all expansion owners to engage with. All you have to do is head into the main menu and click the Hot Wheels Park tab in order to get started.
- From there, you’ll actually be able to play the entire expansion co-op, which is a Forza first. After you get into the DLC just begin inviting your friends to your convoy, the same way it’s done in the main game, and then select from the various racing options for you and your team to start competing in. There are many different types of races to choose from, each having something fun for you and your team to achieve together.
- Additionally, there’s free fast travel as well, making it even easier to join your friends for a nice drive around the island.
That’s all there is to it! It’s so great that Playground Games has finally made a Forza game that is extremely user-friendly. It’s been kind of a headache to play these expansions with friends in the past so it’s cool to see them finally make it better for the players.