You can increase your skater’s stats in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. Doing so can allow you to go faster, get more hangtime, and much more. It comes in handy, but it’s something a lot of players don’t know exists. Here’s how to increase your stats in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.
How to increase stats in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2
To increase your stats in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2, go into the pause menu and press RB to get to the Skater section. Press the right trigger to get to stats. From this menu, you can assign points to your skater’s stats. The possible stats you can assign are:
- Air: your jump height out of a half pipe
- Hangtime: how long you stay in the air
- Ollie: how high you jump on flat ground
- Speed: your top speed on the ground
- Spin: how fast you spin in the air
- Switch: when max, you skate equally as well switch and regular
- Flip Speed: how fast your flip tricks will turn
- Rail Balance: better balance when grinding on rails
- Lip Balance: better balance while doing lip stalls
- Manual Balance: better balance while performing manuals
To get THPS Stat Points, you need to play through each level and collect the tokens. So far, it looks like most levels contain about three possible stats to collect. When you collect the stat, you can head into the menu and assign it to any of the attributes listed above.
That’s all you need to do to increase your stats in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. We recommend throwing some stats into the speed attribute at the start of the game. The default speed is very slow, depending on your skater, so this will speed everything up a bit. Another important attribute is Air, because it allows you to access hard to reach locations, like the Popcorn Buckets.