Forza Horizon 5 is a great car racing game, but it’s not perfect. Like most other video games, Forza has its own share of glitches and errors. Some users report getting a black screen after the launching intro of the game. The game become unresponsive and wastes time. Fortunately, we have some excellent solutions to this problem.
How to Fix Black Screen After Intro in Forza Horizon 5?
There are multiple solutions to fixing the black screen error after the intro in the game.
Full-Screen Optimizations and Administrator Mode
To disable Full-Screen Optimizations and enable Administrator Mode, follow these simple steps.
- Right-click on the game’s .exe file.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and tick “Disable fullscreen optimizations”.
- Just underneath, tick “Run as administrator”.
Update Graphics Drivers
Forza Horizon 5 doesn’t respond or gives problems with old graphics drivers. To update drivers follow these steps.
- Press Windows + X key on your keyboard to open the Quick Link menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list and go to Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card in active state.
- Select Update Driver from the menu.
- Now follow on-screen instructions from Windows and update the drivers.
Alternatively, you can also visit your manufacturer’s website to update the drivers for your graphics card model.
Apart from the solutions we mentioned above, there are certain minor fixes which can solve your problem.
Pressing the Alt+Enter keys while in-game can work occasionally. The key combo puts Forza Horizon 5 in windowed mode. Users have also fixed this issue by removing their audio jack attached to their computers for sound. You can plug the adapter in after the game starts working. Also, to make things certain, disable any Anti-Virus programs or add an exclusion rule for the game.
If none of the above solutions work, try verifying the game files on Steam. You can also reinstall the game completely.