When it comes to any kind of racing game, one important thing that is always offered to players is the option to restart an event. Whether that be because a mistake was made during the race, the wrong car(s) was chosen when setting up the race, or anything in between, you know you can get a do-over.
Besides that, some racing games have given players the option to rewind the race, having the chance to fix mistakes without having to restart entirely. But what if neither of those is enough? What if you want to restart everything? Well, today we’re going to explain all of the ways you “restart” in Forza Horizon 5.
How to Restart in Forza Horizon 5
Forza Horizon 5 is a great game that gives players a lot of options. Not just in gameplay but in its internal workings as well. This game offers event restarts, in-game rewinds, and the ability to restart everything from scratch. Let’s jump right into it and explain how to do each one.
- If you’re wanting a full restart of the current event you’re on, the best way to do so is to hit your pause button.
- From there, you’ll be taken to the main menu.
- Once there, go to the bottom right where you’ll see the option labeled “restart event”.
- Click on it and you’ll be prompted with the game asking you to confirm if you’d like to indeed restart the event.
- Just hit yes and the event will restart.
- If all you’re looking for is a chance to fix a mistake you made during a race, just hit your rewind button.
- For Xbox controllers, this is going to be your Y button and on a keyboard, it’ll be the R key.
- The game itself will rewind you a bit at which point you can choose to either start from that point, rewind further, cancel, or even watch the replay.
- Ideally, the two that you’ll want to choose from are going to be “resume from here” if you’re comfortable with where the game places you in the sequence or “rewind further” if you’re still not at the right point to fix your issue.
Restart Game Progress
The last way to “restart” your game comes in the form of erasing all game save data so that you can play as if it’s your first time booting it up.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is press your home button on the controller.
- Head to the “My games & apps page, and select “see all”.
- Hover over Forza Horizon 5.
- Hit the Menu button (right button).
- Select “Manage games and add-ons”.
- Click on “Saved data”.
- Select your profile from the options.
- Hit either “Delete Everywhere” to wipe the save from all devices that your Xbox profile is connected to or “Delete from Console” so that only saved data on the console is wiped.
- For PC, things are a bit different.
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click the three horizontal dots which are located on the far right of the screen.
- Confirm that “Offline Permissions” is set to ON.
- Disconect PC from internet.
- Go to your Windows 10 Settings>Storage>Apps & Games>Forza Horizon 5>Advanced Options>Select the “Reset” button.
- Launch the game and play to create a new local save file.
- Connect the PC back to the internet to sync the new save file to the cloud, overwriting the old one.
That’s all there is to it! No matter how you’re trying to “restart” in Forza Horizon 5, we’ve covered every way, making it much easier for you to do what you’d like to achieve!