It’s an update day for Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone players, and Season 4 is here. This update introduces tons of new content to explore for multiplayer and Warzone. The 1.22 update also brought a bunch of new updates and changes to the game. In this article, we’ll take a look at all of the significant Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 4 (1.22) changes.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 4 Changes
First, let’s take a look at the update size for each system. We can see this is a big update, though it should only take up about an additional 4 GB after installation.
- PlayStation 4 – 32GB
- Xbox One – 44 GB
- PC – 39 GB (free-to-play) / 45 GB (full game)
New Season 4 Battle Pass
One of the most notable changes is the new Battle Pass for Season 4. There are 100 tiers to climb through, and the Pass can be acquired for either 1,000 CoD points or 2,400 CoD points for the base Pass plus 20 tier skips. The free Pass is also available, which gives access to the Vector and the CR-56 AMAX at tiers 15 and 31.
The new Battle Pass also includes Captain Price as an Operator, who has a base skin available at Tier 0. A night vision goggles skin is also available at Tier 100. There are also a bunch of other various cosmetics like skins, weapon blueprints, charms, stickers, and double XP.
Weapon Mastery Challenges
Season 4 introduces Weapon Mastery challenges that allow players to unlock special emblems and calling cards. After unlocking gold for a weapon, mastery challenges become available. There are eight challenges per weapon, each with its own rewards. Completing all challenges for all weapons unlocks an ultimate sticker and player card.
New maps for multiplayer include Scrapyard for 6v6 as well as Trench for Gun Fights. We also have Promenade for Ground War, which is the Promenade and train station area from Warzone.
Playlist updates this week include Quick Play, Ground War (featuring Promenade), Gunfight Blueprints, Warzone Rumble, Trench Mosh Pit, and Scrapyard 24/7.
Some new bundles are available, including the Bog Demon, which you can pick up for 1800 CoD points. This bundle features a GRINCH skin, Lizard King SMG, Shadowy Moor Watch, Lil’ Ghillie Charm, Psyched Out Calling Card, and Liquidity Emblem.
The Dragon Turtle is another new bundle for 800 CoD points, featuring Ram Jam kali stick blueprint, Carapace Riot Shield blueprint, and the Ancient Power Emblem.
The current Warzone playlists consist of Battle Royale Quads, Trios, and Duos along with Battle Royale Solos and Blood Money, and the all-new Warzone Rumble 50-vs-50 with quick respawn. The new Warzone Rumble mode should be good for quickly leveling up weapons and tiers.
New Warzone In-Match Events
A new feature called Warzone In-Match Events also make their way into the game this update. Events occur during Warzone Battle Royale matches and impact the gameplay. The new events are Jailbreak, Fire Sale, and Supply Chopper.
Warzone Jailbreak – All players that have been eliminated will be released back into the match. Whether you are spectating or waiting in the Gulag, you will get a one-minute notice before Jailbreak goes active, which can happen at any time during the match.
Fire Sale – Provides a temporary discount to items at the Buy Station for up to 80% or even 100% off. When this event occurs, be sure to head to the local buy station and stock up on UAVs, armor, and anything else you can get your hands on. Fire Sales only last sixty seconds.
Supply Choppers – Non-lethal, heavily armored helicopters make their way to Verdansk. Destroying the Supply Chopper results in some high-quality loot, including three UAVs, two armor boxes and munitions boxes, a gas mask, a grenade launcher, and tons of cash.
We also have new Contraband contract systems that can activate after completing a contract. This rare new contract must be delivered to the Helicopter extraction point. The player holding the briefcase needs to deposit it into the helicopter drop bag. Completing the contract gives you a new blueprint that will permanently stay on your account.
Various other back-end changes can also be seen in the game, including:
- Fix for some players not receiving their Season 3 emblem
- Fixes to help reduce players encountering Error Code 13-71. If you still experience this after today’s update, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fix for a bug where the Ghost Perk was not hiding players from the Heartbeat Sensor when viewing the Killcam
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to activate a Nuke after getting the appropriate number of kills
- Fix for a bug where the 4th Operator Mission for Talon, “Complete 2 Warzone Plunder Matches” was not tracking as intended
- Fix for an issue where some players could find long wait times when attempting to load into Ground War matches
- Fix for a bug where neutral Hardpoints were appearing yellow instead of grey
- Various exploit fixes across multiple maps
- Fix for the Officer Challenge, “Get 20 kill while crouched” not tracking properly for some players
- Fixed a bug where the white health regen was triggering on downing other players even if Quick Fix wasn’t equipped
- Fix for an exploit where players could sometimes call in duplicate UAVs
- Added new weapon perks to the Specialist Bonus (the bonus earned after getting 8 kills while specialist is active): Frangible-Disabling, Frangible-Wounding, Mo’Money, Recon, Heavy Hitter, FMJ, Presence of Mind
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to perform executions when on some elevated surfaces
- Fixes to help prevent an issue where players were able to move before the match countdown timer completed
- Fixes to help prevent against black graphical corruption issues some players were seeing
- Fix for the “For the Cause” grip tape not appearing properly on the base M4
- Improved stability fixes for PC
- Fixes to help prevent issues with voice chat
- Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMG
- Fixed bug with HDR and Sleight of Hand where reloading would not give ammo to the player
- Loot Update: New weapons and updated Blueprints! Be on the lookout for the Fennec, CR-56 Amax, Renetti, and more!
- Fixed a bug where the Recon Contract could spawn inside an Ammo Supply cache, making it unusable
- After completing the Contraband Mission and calling in the extract helicopter, players could shoot the helicopter without receiving hit markers and the helicopter would remain on-screen indefinitely
- Fixed a bug where players were able to drop their weapon in the Gulag
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to duplicate Self Revive kits
- Fix for a bug where a player was stuck in 3rd person gameplay
- Daily Challenges are now displayed alongside Multiplayer and Warzone challenges
- Fixed an issue where unlocking an Operator skin in Co-Op would not unlock the base skin for that Operator as well
- Fixed a bug where the game would not end correctly if the last player alive used Team Revive immediately before dying
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Fix for being able to duplicate the Juggernaut Suit Munition minigun
- Fix for rare instances of waves not ending properly
- Fixed an exploit on St. Petrograd where players could fully hide from soldiers behind a b