Barotrauma Pets Guide – How to Get and Take Care of Pets
Barotrauma is the difficult and unforgiving survival horror game where you and your friends will be exploring Jupiter’s icy oceans in your submarine. You’ll be performing your tasks as you try your best to stay alive. Along the way, you may find and hatch pet eggs, which will give you extra tasks, but potentially extra rewards. Here’s how to get and look after pets in Barotrauma.
How to get pets in Barotrauma
Barotrauma is a tough game, but you won’t be alone. Pets will wander the halls of the submarine and will require food and attention. Alongside poop, some pets may even produce useful items. Here is every pet in Barotrauma and how to get them.
- Peanut – A slug-like creature hatched from a Strange Egg. When well-fed, will produce Mucus Ball
- Psilotoad – An amphibious-duck-looking thing that is hatched from a Strange Egg. When well-fed, will produce Hallucinogenic Bufotoxin.
- Orange Boy – A crustacean creature hatched from a Strange Egg. When well-fed, will produce Chitin Chunks.
- Cthuhlu – A tiny Eldritch creature hatched from a Strange Egg. Does not produce anything.
- Defense Bot – A small defensive drone created by the mechanic at the Fabricator, using 1x FPGA Circuit, 1x SMG and 2x Titaniumm-Alluminium alloys. Will attack enemy creatures.
- Petraptor – A friendly Mudraptor that hatches from a Petraptor Egg, made by the Assistant. Will attack enemy creatures.
Related: How to Get Genetic Materials in Barotrauma
How to get Strange Eggs in Barotrauma
There are four Strange Eggs in Barotrauma, and they can all be acquired in a few different ways:
- At 80% happiness, pets hatched from Strange Eggs may lay a Strange Egg.
- There is a 5% chance that they are found in wrecks.
- They can be bought from the store.
- Can be found inside a random encounter box.
Once you have a Strange Egg, you can either put Saline inside of them to hatch them instantly, or you can deconstruct them for materials.
How to look after your pets in Barotrauma
Every pet has two invisible metrics: hunger and happiness. Only at high happiness and low hunger will they produce their unique item. Simply interacting with the creatures will increase their happiness. However keeping them fed is another issue. Here are the diets of all of the pets in Barotrauma.
- Peanut – Pet Food, Pomegrenade, Raptor Bane, Mutated Pomegrenade, Mutated Raptor Bane, Saline, Blood Pack, Human Corpse.
- Psilotoad – Pet Food, Pomegrenade, Raptor Bane, Mutated Pomegrenade, Mutated Raptor Bane, Saline, Ethanol, Human Corpse.
- Orange Boy – Pet Food, Pomegrenade, Raptor Bane, Mutated Pomegrenade, Mutated Raptor Bane, Saline, Aluminium, Copper, Iron, Lead, Tin, Titanium, Steel Bar, Titanium-Aluminium Alloy, Human Corpse.
- Cthulhu – Pet Food, Pomegrenade, Raptor Bane, Mutated Pomegrenade, Mutated Raptor Bane, Saline, Ethanol, Human Corpse.
- Defense Bot – N/A.
- Petraptor – Pet Food, Strange Eggs, all corpses.
Make sure they are fed! Listen out for sound cues to tell whether they are hungry or unhappy.
We hope you enjoy our Barotrauma guide. You can head on over to our Facebook page to keep up with the latest video game content. You may also be interested in our other Gamer Journalist content, such as how to get ship blueprints in Lost Ark, or all extraction points on Lighthouse in Escape From Tarkov.