The next major patch from the Wolcen team has been released today. There’s a long list of fixes and changes that have been addressed with this new patch, including several technical issues as well as some content tweaking. The team also provided a small glimpse of what’s to come and what they intend to focus on in the near future.
Wolcen v22.214.171.124 Patch Notes
Wolcen Studio announced the update today on the official Wolcen forums. They explained the need to remove unique to legendary item conversions due to it not working as intended. They hope to redesign this feature before introducing it back into the game.
The team also acknowledges the fact that unique items are not suitable for clearing end game content at the moment, and they will likely work on addressing that issue in an upcoming patch.
One major bug was fixed that was causing the final boss of the game to become invulnerable. The bug previously forced you to restart the encounter, which was frustrating for a lot of players. Bleeding Edge has also been slightly nerfed to reduce the damage, along with some other skills that were over-tuned.
Here’s the full Wolcen v126.96.36.199 patch notes:
- Character incorrect gold values and Primordial Affinity resulting from bug exploits have been restored to a normal value.
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to stack temporary productivity bonuses.
- It is now impossible to put a Unique item into the Transmutation Forge or Dark Market item upgrade projects. Unique items that have been transformed this way prior to the update have been reset. If you already had a pending project with a Unique item in it, you will receive a legendary item but it will be updated after you reconnect in the game.
- Fixed issues happening when quickly switching from online to offline.
- Fixed one issue causing unlocked cosmetics to reset. We found another one so a reset can unfortunately still happen, but it will be much less frequent. We’re working on a fix.
- Removed the ability to unstack items from the trade window.
- Fixed a bug leading the player to turn very slowly after leaving a secondary dungeon.
- Fixed the Force Shield network synchronization and several related bugs.
- Fixed an issue where explosive barrels appeared to pass through the Force Shield.
- Fixed an issue with globes appearing to give too much Force Shield when picked up.
- Fixed an issue with Primordial Essence network synchronization when using the Parallel Convergence skill from the Aspect of Infinity.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from interacting with the personal stash directly after talking to a merchant.
- Fixed an issue causing inconsistent display of Force Shield value in character sheet detail panel when equipping and unequipping items and gems.
- Fixed an issue preventing the stack number of items placed in the trade window to display correctly.
- Removed unused cosmetic slots displayed in several game resolutions.
- Fixed several issues with matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug leading to an infinite black screen when joining a game in Champion of Stormfall mode.
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Vignetting” setting to be saved when exiting the game.
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Gilded Extravagance” achievement to work.
- Fixed an issue preventing players to access the monolith during act 3 quest “Fury’s ascent”.
- Fixed an issue causing players to get stuck in a charging skill when deselecting modifiers while using the skill.
- The Minor Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 30% to 25%.
- The Medium Critical Damage Modifiers for Spells have been reduced from 40% to 35%.
- Juggernaut : fixed an issue causing players to get stunned by their own Juggernaut when using the “Simulacra” and the “Strike Rebound” modifiers.
- Sovereign Shout: fixed an issue preventing players to apply Weakness stacks when using the “Dawnbreaker” modifier.
- Winter’s Grasp now doesn’t gain Cooldown Reduction per level.
- Bulwark of Dawn: “Sacred Grounds” now only tick 2 times per second instead of 3.
- Flight of Gaavanir: Fixed an issue that causes the Critical Chance from Block Chance of “Standing Boulder” to be way higher than expected.
- Bleeding Edge “Unstoppable Momentum”: increased the damage reduction from -100 to -150.
- Bleeding Edge “Unstoppable Momentum”: fixed the damage gain per level from 1 to 0.
- Bleeding Edge “Unstoppable Momentum”: now also adds a 10 seconds cooldown to the skill.
- Bleeding Edge “Despotic Perseverance”: reduced the Damage Multiplier per Ailment Stack from 20% to 2%.
- Bleeding Edge “Self-adjusting Principle”: reduced the Projectile Speed Multiplier from 1.75 to 1.3.
Damage curve for summons
- The damage of the summons is greatly increased in the first 15 levels (up to +100%).
- Increased summons damage during the first 40 levels by around 20%.
- Summons damage from level 40 to level 90 are also increased from + 20% to + 200%.
Health curve for summons
- Increased the Health pool of the summons from level 1 to 55 (from +500% to 0%).
- Reduced the Health pool of summons from level 55 to 90 (from 0% to -75%).
- Summons should now move faster and stay ahead of their summoner when traveling.
- Summons now engage targets from further.
- Melee summons attack shape has been improved: they now hit a larger area.
- Livor Mortis: the Immortal Maw’s base Health Multiplier is reduced by 30%.
- Feeding Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 50%.
- Hunting Swarm: the base Health Multiplier for the summons has been increased by 100%.
- Parasite: Increased base bonus damage to possessed monsters from 100% to 300%.
- Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 50% Attack and Cast Speed.
- Parasite: Possessed monsters now have a bonus of 100% Movement Speed.
- Parasite: “On Shoulders of Giants” modifier now increases the minion’s Health by 40% and the minion’s damage by 33%.
- Fixed a bug where possessed monsters didn’t have the base bonus applied by Parasite.
Gate of Fates
- Arms Maester, Virtuose stance, and Probing weakness Stances now give -25% to All Resistance Score instead of 0%
- The Critical Damage bonus has been reduced on many nodes: from 20% to 15%, from 14% to 10%, and from 10% to 5%.
- Futile endeavor now increases block efficiency from 14% to 20%.
- Merciless Lethality Critical Damage Modifier is reduced from 100% to 60%.
- Fixed an issue causing the “Toxic Emanations” passive node to stop working after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue with the “Faith Leech” passive node computation.
- Fixed an issue causing the game to restore your Gate of Fates configuration after paying for a reset and quitting the game instantly.
- Fixed an issue with the computation of the “Primordial Insights” passive node.
- Fixed an issue with the computation of the “Academic Fieldwork” passive node.
- Fixed an issue with the computation of the “Captured Velocity” passive node.
- Fixed an issue with the computation of the “Eagerness” passive node.
- Fixed bonus computation issue when using the “Virtuose Stance” passive node.
- Fixed an issue preventing the “Slipping Shadow” passive node to work as intended.
- Fixed damage computation bug when using the “Which Time Cannot Heal” passive node.
- Fixed stat display issue when removing helmet if using the “Salvatory Anchor” passive node.
- Noxious Swarmwings have been temporarily replaced by other creatures while we work on their hitbox issue.
- Wealth Omens now give 1 stack of gold per hit instead of 3.
- Pacified Brothers, Pacified Hierophants, Risen Brothers, Risen Hierophant are now correctly affected by the pull effects (such as Tracker’s Reach)
- Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of the lightning ball by 20%.
- Chapter III Boss: Reduced the range of Orbs by 15%.
- Chapter III Boss: Increased the visibility of the visual effect warning about the activation of an orb.
- Chapter I Boss: Leap speed has been reduced
- Chapter I Boss: improved the Leap indicator, it is now more visible and more accurate.
- Fixed an issue causing the Chapter III final boss to stay invulnerable and freeze when he should die.
- Reduced the productivity multiplier from Expeditions levels by 50%.
- It is now impossible to try to increase the quality of an item that quality is already maxed out.
- Reduced Primordial Affinity prices for uber bosses projects at the Dark Market: from 10 000, 20 000, 30 000 to 2 000, 5 000, 10 000.
- Fixed an issue causing loot level to be lower than expected during Expeditions.
- Fixed a bug causing the productivity multiplier to be ignored when finishing an endgame expedition.
- Fixed a bug preventing the productivity gain summary to refresh between endgame expeditions.
- Removed the possibility to send stacks of items to endgame projects requiring items to complete.
- Fixed an issue in the way the Genesis helmet skill casting effect was computed. Skills launched by this item cannot proc the effect themselves anymore.
- Fixed specific tiers of helmet and boots that were able to have 2 sockets.
- Fixed some low Tier of magic effects on armor being able to drop on chests at a higher level where they shouldn’t.
- Fixed a bug with Block Efficiency making it unable to roll on shields after the level 90
- Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for accessories now have a Critical Damage value of [5-6] to [19-20] instead of [5-10] to 25-30]
- Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Critical Damage value for Attacks and Spells of [9-9] to [20-20] instead of [14-14] to [25-25].
- Tier 1 to 12 modifiers for gems now have a Global Critical Damage value of [4-4] to [15-15] instead of [9-9] to [20-20].
- Fixed inventory equip weapon sound.
- Fixed music stopping after certain cutscenes.
- Fixed pacified human enemy voices.
- Fixed Aurora Knight’s sacred orb attack playing twice.
- Fixed missing offering shrine interaction sound.
- Fixed the Tormentor’s big attack sound and his lost voice. He had a bad cold.
- Fixed missing Yudai’s convert corrupted Guardian energy beam and explosion sound.
- Added a missing unlock dye sound.
- Fixed an issue with Unique item drop sound sometimes not playing.
- Improved Slayer’s Flurry sound.
- Improved skill learn sound.
- Improved gameplay ingredient artillery explosion with debris detail.
- Mixing improvements for item drops and level-ups.
- Optimized positional sounds remaining active after having left a location.
- Restored ambient sound to some areas where it failed to start.
- Replaced Sinadrahel’s voice.
- Added Korean localization.
- Updated English localization.
- Updated German localization.
- Updated Polish localization.
- Updated Russian localization.
- Updated Simplified Chinese localization.
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese localization.
- Updated French localization.
- Updated Spanish localization.