Even the sharpest knife in the drawer doesn’t stay sharp forever. Bladed implements, whether they be for chopping lettuce or hacking limbs, gradually receive lots of little nicks and scratches in their blades, which reduce their effectiveness. This is why blades need to be periodically honed with stones. While blades in New World don’t wear out like in real life, you can still make use of stones to sharpen them. Here’s where to find Honing Stones in New World.
What are Honing Stones in New World?
Honing Stones are consumable items that, when used, provide a universal damage buff modifier to all weapon damage you inflict for a set period of time. There are four tiers of Honing Stone with gradually increasing benefits:
- Weak Honing Stone: Boosts damage by 4% for 25 minutes
- Common Honing Stone: Boosts damage by 5% for 30 minutes
- Strong Honing Stone: Boosts damage by 6% for 35 minutes
- Powerful Honing Stone: Boosts damage by 7% for 40 minutes
Where to Find Honing Stones in New World
There are two primary means of obtaining Honing Stones: the Trading Post, and through crafting. If you visit a Trading Post in any settlement, you can check the sell orders to see if any player is offering up a Honing Stone, then buy it straight for whatever you’re willing to cough up.
If you’re short on funds, you can craft each tier of Honing Stone using composite materials at the Forge. The materials you need for each tier of Honing Stone are as follows:
- Weak Honing Stone: 1 Stone Block, 1 Death Mote, 1 Fire Mote
- Common Honing Stone: 1 Stone Brick, 1 Death Wisp, 1 Fire Wisp
- Strong Honing Stone: 1 Lodestone Brick, 1 Death Essence, 1 Fire Essence
- Powerful Honing Stone: 1 Obsidian Voidstone, 1 Death Quintessence, 1 Fire Quintessence