New World has many different crafting skills you can master in Aeternum, including the ancient art of potion crafting. Arcana is the trade skill you’ll need to master in this game if you want to brew some powerful potions, tinctures, and elemental infusions to help you gain an edge in battle. It’s also one of the more difficult trade skills to level due to the requirements. However, the grind doesn’t have to be too difficult if you know what materials to farm. In this New World Arcana leveling guide, we’ll show you the quickest way to level.
Below, you can find what we believe to be the easiest way to level Arcana in New World. We’re focusing on levels 0 to 50 for now, and we’ll add more to the guide at a future date. There are a few ingredients you’ll need to farm, including Bulrush Cob, Water Motes, and Water. All of these are low-level materials readily available in any of the starting zones.
Also, if you are new to New World, you may not know where to level your Arcana. To start leveling Arcana, go to any of the main settlements and look for the Arcane Repository. Now let’s get started with the New World Arcana leveling guide.
Check out our New World Crafting and Gathering wiki for more leveling guides and resource locations.
New World Arcana Leveling Guide
To level Arcana in New World, you will need to craft a variety of different potions. You can focus on two different potions between Arcana crafting levels 0 and 50. Here is the total experience required to get to level 5:
- Level 0–5: 550 XP
- Level 5–50: 10,575 XP
New World Arcana Leveling 0–5
The easiest potion to craft for leveling Arcana to level 5 is Weak Health Potions. A Weak Health potion requires the following materials:
- 1x Tier 1 Medicinal Reagents
- 1 Water
Tier 1 Medicinal Reagents are either Bulrush Cob or Hyssop. Find and harvest Bulrush plants next to a lake or riverbed to get Bulrush Cob. Each time you loot a Bulrush plant, you’ll get a bunch of Reeds and Bulrush Cob, and you will need to gather 91 Bulrush Cob and 91 Water to craft a total of 91 Weak Health Potions to get to Arcana level 5.
Bulrush plants are plentiful alongside any small body of water like a lake or pond. Look for the tall, tannish-colored plants alongside the shore of any body of water and get to picking.
New World Arcana Leveling 5–50
The easiest potion to craft for leveling Arcana from level 5 to 50 is the Common Focus Potion. A Common Focus Potion requires the following ingredients:
- 1x Tier 2 Water Reagents
- 1 Water
Tier 2 Water Reagents include either Water Motes, Rivercress Stems, or Toadpots. Out of these three ingredients, the easiest one to obtain is likely the Water Motes. You can travel along any river, such as the one leading southwest out of Everfall, and harvesting all of the Rivercress and Springstone you see.
One thing to note is that you will need at least level 30 harvesting to loot Magical Plants. You will also benefit significantly from this route if you have at least level 50 mining to gather Alchemy Stones (Springstone).
To get to Arcana level 50 in New World, you’ll need a total of 441 Water Motes and 441 Water to make 441 Common Focus Potions. The most difficult part is gathering all of the Water Motes, which will likely take you between one to two hours if you follow the route above.
What can you craft with Arcana in New World?
Arcana is a crafting skill that allows you to make the following categories of items:
- Magical Weapons
- Elemental Infusions
- Weapon Coatings
- Ward Potions
- Fire Staff
- Life Staff
- Ice Gauntlet
- Blight Tincture – Protective Reagents + Air Reagents + Water
- Corruption Tincture – Protective Reagents + Water Reagents + Water
- Elemental Wisps
- Elemental Essence
- Elemental Quintessence
- Healing Potion – Medicinal Reagents + Water
- Mana Potion – Magical Reagents + Water
- Focus Potion – Water Reagents + Water
- Regeneration Potion – Medicinal Reagents + Life Reagents + Water
- Fire Absorption Potion – Protective Reagents + Air Reagents + Water
- Lightning Absorption Potion – Protective Reagents + Fire Reagents + Water
- Void Absorption Potion – Protective Reagents + Death Reagents + Water
- Encumbrance Potion – Earth Reagents + Fire Reagents + Water
- Beast coating – Offensive Reagents + Air Reagents + Oil
- Lost coating – Offensive Reagents + Life Reagents + Oil
- Corrupted coating – Offensive Reagents + Water Reagents + Oil
- Ancient coating – Offensive Reagents + Earth Reagents + Oil
- Angry Earth coating – Offensive Reagents + Fire Reagents + Oil
- Beast Ward – Protective Reagents + Earth Reagents + Water
- Lost Ward – Protective Reagents + Air Reagents + Water
- Corrupted Ward – Protective Reagents + Life Reagents + Water
- Ancient Ward – Protective Reagents + Water Reagents + Water
- Angry Earth Ward – Protective Reagents + Fire Reagents + Water
That’s our New World Arcana leveling guide from 0-50, but we will be adding on to this post shortly. Be sure to bookmark this page, check back for updates, and share with your friends if you find it useful!
For more related content, guides, and builds, check out our website’s New World section.