NFL training camps are just beginning to take place, and EA has officially kicked off its Madden NFL 23 ratings week as a result. Now that player ratings are finally starting to get revealed, football fans are eager to see where their favorite players land in the pecking order. With the most recent position group highlighted being the defensive ends.
Here are all of the defensive end ratings in Madden NFL 23.
Madden NFL 23: All Defensive End Ratings Revealed
As the most effective pass rushers on the defense, defensive ends are one of the more valued positions in football and Madden NFL 23. As they typically lead the team in sacks, QB hurries and pressures. Which is often why they turn out to be the highest-paid players on the defense as well. All of this is to say that if you hope to contend for a Super Bowl in Madden NFL 23, you’ll want to acquire one of the following players.
Without further ado, here are the top 30 defensive end ratings in Madden NFL 23:
Top 30 Defensive Ends
- Aaron Donald (99), Los Angeles Rams
- Myles Garrett (99), Cleveland Browns
- Nick Bosa (94), San Francisco 49ers
- Von Miller (92), Buffalo Bills
- Cameron Jordan (91), New Orleans Saints
- DeMarcus Lawrence (90), Dallas Cowboys
- J.J. Watt (87), Arizona Cardinals
- Arik Armstead (86), San Francisco 49ers
- Brian Burns (86), Carolina Panthers
- Chase Young (86), Washington Commanders
- Trey Hendrickson (85), Cincinnati Bengals
- Carl Lawson (83), New York Jets
- Emmanuel Ogbah (83), Miami Dolphins
- Robert Quinn (83), Chicago Bears
- Jadeveon Clowney (82), Cleveland Browns
- Marcus Davenport (82), New Orleans Saints
- Yannick Ngakoue (82), Indianapolis Colts
- Brandon Graham (80), Philadelphia Eagles
- Josh Sweat (80), Philadelphia Eagles
- Montez Sweat (80), Washington Commanders
- Denico Autry (79), Tennessee Titans
- Jerry Hughes Jr. (79), Houston Texans
- Deatrich Wise Jr. (78), New England Patriots
- Dee Ford (78), San Francisco 49ers
- Frank Clark (78), Kansas City Chiefs
- Dawuane Smoot (77), Jacksonville Jaguars
- Jonathan Greenard (77), Houston Texans
- Kwity Paye (77), Indianapolis Colts
- Greg Rousseau (76), Buffalo Bills
- Samson Ebukam (76), San Francisco 49ers
- William Gholston (76), Tampa Bay Buccaneers
My immediate takeaway from the Madden NFL defensive end ratings is that very few teams are going to have an elite edge rusher. With just four players carrying a 90 overall or higher and just 19 players rated 80 or higher, this means that there will be numerous teams left without a quality defensive end on either side of the line.
There were also some other questionable decisions made on behalf of EA. Like tagging Trey Henderson with an 85 and Robert Quinn with an 83, yet, they both finished in the top five in sacks last season. I also find it interesting that the top-rated rookie is George Karlaftis (74). Not to say he’s a bad player, but he was drafted lower than both Jermaine Johnson II and Devonte Wyatt, both of whom carry lower overall ratings.
That’s everything you need to know about the latest Madden NFL 23 ratings reveal highlighting the best defensive ends in the game. Before you go, be sure to check out some of our other Madden content here at Gamer Journalist. Like all changes to Franchise Mode in Madden NFL 23 or every player rated 99 or higher in Madden NFL 23.