Playing games with friends these days, in a lot of ways, has gotten easier than ever. Just over a decade ago, couch co-op was the norm for a large part of the gaming community. Nowadays, that’s the minority. Online gaming has gotten larger and even easier to do thanks to the games’ developers putting forth the effort for players across the world. The newest achievement in online gaming over the last couple of years is the capability of playing with friends no matter what gaming platform they’re on. These capabilities are normally referred to as cross-platform or crossplay.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite is a great game that has a heavy focus on squad combat, relying on coordination and teamwork in order to succeed. So, is Aliens: Fireteam Elite cross-platform or crossplay? Let’s explain.
Is Aliens: Fireteam Elite Cross-Platform/Crossplay?
Initially, Aliens: Fireteam Elite didn’t have crossplay or cross-platform capabilities at launch. In fact, it wasn’t until its fourth season was released in July 2022 that it was made available. So yes, Aliens: Fireteam Elite actually does have crossplay and cross-platform which will allow you to play with your friends, no matter their gaming platform.
It’s not as simple as loading into a lobby though, so there are some checks and balances that have to be done in order for it to happen. We’ll explain below how to get started so that you and your friends can begin to play together online!
How to Play With Friends
There are a few things you’ll need to do in order to play with friends on different platforms in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, and here’s how you can do it!
- First, simply install and boot up Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
- Then, hit your button or key that’s designated to bring up your main menu. This has the Campaign, Loadout, Inventory, Team, and Settings tabs.
- Move over to your Team tab.
- Once there, you’ll see your current platform on the top left, swap over to Crossplay and you’ll be shown a new screen.
- This screen allows you to see your cross-platform Friends List and Blocked players.
- Select Friends List and then “Add Crossplay Friends” on the bottom of the screen to begin the process.
- In order to become friends with other players, you’ll have to either generate your own friend code and send it to them or enter the code they’ve given you.
- Once you’ve completed that part of the process, you’ll be able to invite friends to your game and vice-versa.
That’s all there is to know about crossplay and cross-platform multiplayer in Aliens: Fireteam Elite! it isn’t a difficult process but it’s a bit in-depth.