Being able to play co-op with your friends is something that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet has done pretty well. Well, if we take away the performance issues, of course. But anyway, leaving that aside, being able to connect with friends and join in epic battles and adventures throughout Paldea is a wonderful thing to have. One of the activities you can undertake while in a group is to battle in Tera Raids. They consist of a group of Pokémon trainers battling against the Terastallized Pokémon. These Pokémon have been transformed momentarily into Tera Type Pokémon by the Terastal phenomenon. They appear to be in sort of like a gem appearance and your job is to defeat them in order to get rid of the effect. Here is how to start or join a co-op Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
How to Start or Join a Co-Op Tera Raid
How to Enter Link Code
Before starting your Tera Raids, you are going to have to unlock it first. In order to do so, you must progress the main story until you unlock the Poké Portal and the Tera Raid Battle option. Once unlocked, follow these steps in order to start or join a co-op Tera Raid in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet:
- While in the Main Menu, open up the Poké Portal.
- Select Tera Raid Battle. You can choose from Matchmaking or Random Option.
- To be able to play in Co-Op, select Link Code.
- Enter the Link Code and click on “All Ready to Go!” option once all your friends are ready.
How to Start a Challenge to Invite Friends
If you wish to host a Tera Raid, you must find the Tera Raid Crystals around Paldea, so you can invite friends to challenge the Raid:
- You will have the option to Challenge Alone or Challenge as a Group.
- Choose Challenge as a Group, you will be granted a code which you can share with your friends to join your Tera Raid.
Now that you know how to join and start Tera Raid, be sure to get those Pokémon rid of that awful Terastal phenomenon and bring them back to normal. Although they do look pretty nice in Tera Type. Huh.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is available on Nintendo Switch. If you like our Pokémon content, be sure to check out Can You Use Set Battle Style in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? Answered and Does Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Have a Memory Leak Issue? Let’s Investigate.