For the players who have completed the base game of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, it is time to prepare. Whether you are completing the Paldea Pokédex or trying to find that new and shiny thing just to have in your collection, prepare for the Shiny Hunt through Sandwich making. Increase your chances in finding those special few Electric-Type Shiny Pokémon with Sandwich Meal Powers. Indulge in that Picnic life. Craft those special Sandwiches by buying common ingredients and obtaining the rarer Herba Mystica. This is our guide to making an Electric Shiny Sandwich in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
What is an Electric Shiny Sandwich?
Shiny Sandwiches are a new feature as part of the Scarlet and Violet experience. With 18 Shiny Sandwiches to make by using a combination of common and special ingredients. Players can increase their odds in finding and obtaining Shiny Pokémon. Shiny Sandwiches are made using the Picnic function in Scarlet and Violet. These offer temporary Meal Powers which last a total of 30 minutes. The effect of the Sandwich varies depending on the ingredients used. When using Herba Mystica, players should not use the same Herb twice in a Sandwich for it will negate its effects.
For players preparing for the Black Tera Pokémon Event on December 2nd, 2022, the hunt for Shiny Pokémon is on. Whether you are farming EXP or completing the Paldea Pokédex, boosting abilities with Picnic Sandwiches is crucial in Shiny Hunting. The Scarlet and Violet Meal Power effects are:
- Catching – Chances of catching a Pokémon increases.
- Encounter – Chances of encountering a Pokémon increases.
- EXP – EXP increase.
- Humungo – Chances of finding large Pokémon increases.
- Teensy – Chances of finding small Pokémon increases.
- Title – Chances of finding titled Pokémon increases.
- Sparkling – Chances of finding specific Shiny Pokémon increases.
- Item Drop – Dropped item increase from fallen Pokémon.
- Raid – Dropped item increase from Tera Raid Pokémon.
- Egg – Pokémon egg locator.
There are two recipes’ players can use to make an Electric Shiny Sandwich. These are:
- Simple Electric Shiny Sandwich Recipe – x1 Yellow Bell Pepper, x1 Salty Herba Mystica, x1 Spicy Herba Mystica
- Intermediate Electric Shiny Sandwich Recipe – x1 Yellow Bell Pepper, x1 Cheese, x1 Salty Herba Mystica, x1 Spicy/Sweet/Sour
These recipes guarantee a x3 on all effects: Sparkling Power, Title Power and Encounter Power for Electric-Type Pokémon. This guide will show you where to find all ingredients used in both Electric Shiny Sandwich.
Where to Get Yellow Bell Pepper
Yellow Bell Pepper can be found in the Deli Cioso stall. This stall is located firstly in the central Paldea city of Mesagoza. Players will find this store along with Sure Cans and Artisan Bakery on the western side of the city. Deli Cioso is also located on the far western side of Paldea, on the region border. This Marketplace is called Porto Marinada, located between Asado Desert and West Province (Area Two). Here you can find both sandwich making stalls to buy simple ready-made sandwiches and the food stalls of Sure Cans, Deli Cioso and Artisan Bakery. This Deli Cioso stall is found on the far-left aisle, close to the staircase.
Below is a screenshot of the Deli Cioso in Mesagoza (black circle on the map).
The ingredient, Yellow Bell Pepper can also be bought in the Aquiesta Supermarket. Located on the eastern side of Paldea, once again on the Paldea border, overlooking the Eastern Sea. This city is Levincia. The Supermarket is on the northern side of Levincia. It houses the majority of ingredients found in Sure Cans, Deli Cioso and Artisan Bakery, along with rarer ingredients such as Klawf Sticks and Curry Powder.
Where to Get Cheese
The second primary ingredient that you need for this recipe is Cheese. This is for players looking to use any Spicy/Sweet/Sour Herba Mystica in their pickup. If you were to not use Cheese, you would need to specifically locate a Spicy Herba Mystica to complete the recipe. Although this includes less ingredients, it may be harder to obtain due to the scarcity of Herba Mystica. Cheese is found in the Artisan Bakery in Mesagoza and Porto Marinada Markets. As with most ingredients, you can also pick up Cheese in Aquiesta Supermarket (Levincia). Refer to the image below for an exact location of Artisan Bakery in Mesagoza.
How to Get Herba Mystica
Herba Mysticas are strictly obtained through 5- and 6-Star Raid battles. Whilst you will obtain each Herba Mystica in your Path of Legends main questline through defeating the Paldea Titans, players will need many more Herbs to increase your Shiny Hunt chances. 5- and 6-Star Raids are a primary post-game function. These are seen as giant gleaming crystals across Paldea. 5- and 6-Star Raids are rare, players will have to regularly search the region for crystal appearances.
In order to obtain Herba Mystica, players must defeat 5- and 6-Star Tera Raid Pokémon. Upon successfully knocking out a Tera Raid Pokémon, you may be rewarded with a Herba Mystica. The chances for Herba Mystica to be dropped after battle is 24% chance in 5-Star, 28% chance in 6-Star Raids. Due to its higher difficulty, we recommend players target 5-Star Pokémon when seeking Herba Mystica for Shiny Sandwiches.
Salty Herba Mystica Raid Pokémon
- 5 Star – Slowbro, Cloyster, Gengar, Blissey, Glalie, Drifblim, Hippowdon, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Avalugg, Greedent, Corviknight, Coalossal, Copperajah, Dondozo, Palafin, Orthworm, Cetitan & Garganacl
- 6 Star – Vaporeon, Blissey, Pelipper, Torkoal, Hippowdon, Amoonguss, Avalugg, Toxapex, Corviknight, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Orthworm, Cetitan, Klawf, Garganacl & Dachsbun
Sweet Herba Mystica Raid Pokémon
- 5 Star – Gengar, Slowking, Blissey, Altaria, Glalie, Drifblim, Mismagius, Gothitelle, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Florges, Dragalge, Goodra, Mimikyu, Hatterene, Dondozo, Palafin, Cetitan & Tinkaton
- 6 Star – Vaporeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Blissey, Amoonguss, Goodra, Mimikyu, Frosmoth, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Cetitan, Tinkaton, Toedscruel, Clodsire
Spicy Herba Mystica Raid Pokémon
- 5 Star – Arcanine, Gengar, Scyther, Tauros, Gyarados, Dragonite, Scizor, Blissey, Tyranitar, Breloom, Gallade, Krookadile, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Haxorus, Braviary, Mudsdale, Tsareena, Passimian, Flapple, Slaking, Hariyama, Glalie, Salamence, Staraptor, Luxray, Drifblim, Honchkrow, Garchomp, Abomasnow, Frimmsnarl, Falinks, Indeedee, Dondozo, Palafin, Revavroom, Cetitan, Baxcalibur, Bombirdier, Mabostiff, Brambleghast, Ceruledge, Kingambit & Annihilape
- 6 Star – Tauros, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Flareon, Leafeon, Dragonite, Scizor, Heracross, Blissey, Tyranitar, Breloom, Dondozo, Revavroom, Cetitan, Baxcalibur, Pawmot, Bombirdier, Mabostiff, Ceruledge, Kingambit, Annihilape, Salamence, Staraptor, Garchomp, Gallade, Amoonguss, Haxorus, Lycanroc, Pincurchin & Farigiraf
Sour Herba Mystica Raid Pokémon
- 5 Star – Gengar, Eevee, Houndoom, Blissey, Gardevoir, Camerupt, Glalie, Drifblim, Magnezone, Rotom, Pincurchin, Dondozo, Palafin, Arboliva, Cetitan, Tatsugiri, Glimmora, Armarouge, Zoroark, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Clawitzer, Oranguru, Appletun, Toxtricity & Polteageist
- 6 Star – Gengar, Vaporeon, Espeon, Blissey, Glaceon, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Magnezone, Amoonguss, Mydreigon, Volcarona, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Cetitan, Glimmora & Armarouge.
Players can increase the odds of a Herba Mystica dropping by targeting specific Tera Pokémon. This increases the odds to 76% in 5-Star and 83% in 6-Star. The Pokémon you need to target are:
5-Star Raid Pokémon
6-Star Raid Pokémon
Remember that you need to have x1 Yellow Bell Pepper and x1 Salty Herba Mystica in both recipes. Depending on your luck with finding the Spicy Herba Mystica, it may be more appropriate to buy Cheese and obtain any of the Spicy/Sweet/Sour Herba Mystica to complete the intermediate Electric Shiny Sandwich. That is how to make an Electric-Type Shiny Sandwich in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. For more content, see our related article: How to Make a Fire Shiny Sandwich in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.