The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta has officially begun, with PlayStation players pouring into the lobbies and taking out the competition with the all-new improvements that come with this new era of CoD.
We’ve had a chance to play the Beta and have all the great information you need to know once you decide to take on the beta. It’s important to note that the only ones playing right now are those who pre-ordered the game for a PlayStation console, so all players across the other platforms are going to have a chance to test it out in the coming days too.
Everything Included in the Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta: Weapons, Maps, Modes, and Operators
There’s a lot to take in during the Beta, but we’ve managed to wrap our heads around everything you can test out, and have laid everything out below. Let’s check it all out!
First things first, there are exactly 22 weapons for players to use during the Beta, as well as the chance to choose Killstreaks and take a look at the vehicles that can be customized in the full release of Modern Warfare 2.
Here are all of the weapons available in the Beta:
- FTAC Recon
- Lachmann Sub
- FSS Hurricane
- Fennec 45
- Expedite 12
- 556 Icarus
- RAPP H
- SAKIN MG38
- Lockwood Mk2
- Signal 50
- Riot Shield
- X13 Auto
There are 4 maps to play on during the Beta, all varying in size and gameplay strategy.
- Breenbergh Hotel – a prestigious evacuated hotel set in Amsterdam
- Farm 18 – a training facility that holds a shoothouse and abandoned factory within it.
- Mercado Las Almas – a small and hectic marketplace situated for fast-paced gameplay.
- Valderas Museum – a sleek environment that offers great open areas for combat.
There are 4 modes to play, with the returning ones taking place in Quickplay, while the new ones have their own set lobbies. Though you can choose which modes you want in Quickplay as well.
- Team Deathmatch
- Prisoner Rescue – New
- Knock Out – New
There are two factions of Operators for gamers to play as and they’ll be able to select one from each side they’d like to set as their favorite to play as when part of that faction in-game.
- Specgru I
- Specgru II
- Specgru III
- Specgru IIII
- Kortac I
- Kortac II
- Kortac III
- Kortac IIII
Everything Else in The Modern Warfare 2 Beta
Some other things players will see in-game are:
- Hub – view your party and send invites as well as view friends that are online.
- Friends – view your friends list and see who plays MW2. You can also send party invites here too.
- Recent – view recent match stats.
- Progression – view your Rank progression and unlocks that coincide with them.
- Channels – change between your party chat and game chat on-the-fly.
- Player Profile – change your Calling Card, Emblem, and Clan Tag.
That’s all there is to know about the Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Beta! Stay Frosty!