While the most common iconography of the Evil Dead series involves Ash Williams taking on hordes of Deadites all by his lonesome, the truth of the matter is that Ash did a lot of his best work with the backing of trusted allies. One chainsaw and boomstick can clear out a lot of evil, but they can clear a lot more with a few extra hands.
Here are all of the Evil Dead: The Game Survivors.
All Evil Dead: The Game Survivors – Perks and Supports
In Evil Dead: The Game, the Survivors are broken up into four different categories to differentiate their abilities and roles during a match. You can only have one instance of a particular character in a match at a time, though don’t worry if everyone wants to be Ash, because there are variants of him for all four categories.
Every Survivor has an active skill that you can trigger at will for beneficial effects, as well as three unique perks.
The categories are:
- Leaders: All-around Survivors with abilities to bolster the team’s overall survivability and facilitate cooperative action.
- Warriors: Tanky melee combatants with abilities that help them stay in the thick of the action for longer periods of time.
- Hunters: Long-ranged scouts that specialize in gunplay and hunting down resources like equipment and ammo.
- Supports: Healing and defense-focused Survivors that keep themselves and their teammates healthy, protected, and unafraid using a combo of abilities and consumables.
Ash Williams (Ash vs Evil Dead)
- Show Up & Blow Up (Active Skill): Cause an explosion nearby that damage’s an enemy’s balance meter
- El Jefe: A passive aura that reduces damage and fear for you and nearby allies
- Old Friend: Guarantees you start the match with a chainsaw equipped
- El Jefe Grande: A stronger version of El Jefe’s aura that activates whenever you finish or dismember an enemy
- Hit ‘Em Where It Hurts (Active Skill): Buffs ranged damage for both you and nearby allies when activated
- Howitzer: A passive aura that buffs ranged damage for you and nearby allies
- Haymaker: A passive aura that increases the damage you and nearby allies deal to enemy balance meters
- Slugger: A passive aura that buffs the damage you and nearby allies deal to elite enemies and bosses
- The Lord’s Wrath (Active Skill): When activated, you and nearby allies receive a melee damage buff and lose some fear. If you have a sword equipped, its damage will also be buffed
- Weapon Master, Heavy Attacks: A passive aura that buffs heavy melee attack damage for you and nearby allies. Also guarantees you start the match with a sword equipped
- Weapon Master, Light Attacks: A passive aura that buffs light melee attack damage for you and nearby allies.
- Finish With Fire: Grants The Lord’s Wrath to you and nearby allies whenever you finish an enemy
Ash Williams (Army of Darkness)
- Wiseman’s Potion (Active Skill): Restores health, reduces fear, grants attack and defense buffs when activated
- Shield Blast: Whenever you lose a bar from your shield meter, an explosion triggers, damaging and knocking back nearby enemies
- Finish Strong: Restores some of your shield meter whenever you finish an enemy
- Weapon Master: Chainsaw: Your chainsaw swings faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
- Thunder Thrust (Active Skill): Damages all nearby enemies with an AoE explosion when activated
- Collateral Damage: Raises the damage your heavy attacks deal to enemies based on how close you are to them
- Exposure Therapy: Reduces your fear every time you kill an enemy
- Weapon Master: Lumberjack Axe: Your lumberjack axe swings faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
Henry The Red
- Unstoppable (Active Skill): Makes you invulnerable to health and shield damage for a short period
- Shields Up: Star the match with a bonus bar on your shield meter
- Rebound: A portion of all damage you receive from enemies is reflected back onto them
- Battle Hardened: Increases your maximum health and shield meter
Ash Williams (Evil Dead 2)
- Exorcist (Active Skill): Can be activated to instantly remove the Kandarian Demon from any possessed allies or basic enemies. Can’t remove the Demon from possessed elite units or bosses, but will drain some of their Infernal Energy
- Treasure Hunter: Allows you to see supply crates through walls when close by
- This Is My Boomstick: Guarantees you start the match with a boomstick equipped
- Weapon Master: Boomstick: Your boomstick fires faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
- It’s A Trap (Active Skill): Pull out a unique flashlight that can detect and temporarily deactivate any demon traps
- Enduring Light: Increases the battery meter on your flashlight
- The Collector: Increases odds of item drops from defeated enemies. Also increases appearance rates of rare supply crates
- Weapon Master: Crossbow: Your crossbow fires faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
- Slipshot (Active Skill): When activated, your dodges will consume no stamina and your ranged attacks will inflict bleed for a short period
- Countershot: If you successfully dodge an enemy attack, your next ranged attack is guaranteed to inflict bleed
- Battle Frenzy: The longer you stay in active combat, the more damage your melee attacks will do
- Weapon Master: Meat Hammer: Your meat hammer swings faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
- Ammo For Days (Active Skill): When activated, your ranged weapon will have unlimited ammo for a short period
- Trusty Sidearm: Guarantees you start the match with a pistol equipped
- Accuracy Counts: Every consecutive hit you land on an enemy with a ranged weapon increases your weapon damage until you miss
- Weapon Master: Pistol: Your pistol fires faster and does more damage to enemy health, balance, and dismemberment
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
- Reassuring Presence (Active Skill): Reduces fear for yourself and nearby allies when activated
- Alternative Healing: Every successful heavy melee attack restores some health for you and nearby allies
- Marked Target: Damage: Landing a headshot on an enemy will mark it, boosting the damage of follow-up attacks from allies
- Marked Target: Healing: Landing a headshot on an enemy will mark it. If an ally deals a follow-up attack to the marked enemy, they’ll get some health back based on a percentage of the damage they deal
- Healing Touch (Active Skill): When activated, creates a small area that restores health to you and any allies that stand in it
- Cola Coaster: You start the match with a bonus can of Shemp’s Cola (restores health), allows you to hold more Shemp’s Cola at once
- Contact Courage: Drinking a Shemp’s Cola will lower both your fear and the fear of nearby allies
- Contact Healing: Drinking a Shemp’s Cola will restore the health of nearby allies in addition to your own
Pablo Simon Bolivar
- Gift From El Brujo Especial (Active Skill): When activated, you’ll start crafting an Amulet (used to restore your shield meter), which you’ll leave on the ground when it’s ready
- Infernal Camouflage: Enemies can’t see you with Demon Vision
- Legacy of El Brujo: Guarantees you start the match with a bonus Amulet
- Shamanic Protection: Your shield meter will gradually restore over time up to one full bar
Remember to consider your team’s composition carefully when picking characters. You want a good blend of combat ability and supported staying power. You need to be strong, sturdy, and brave to defeat those Deadites!