The preview has dropped for Path of Exile’s new 3.20.2 update, with all of the patch notes laid out for players. But there is a lot to pare down when reading. That’s why we’ve gone ahead and put them together here and are going to highlight the best things to come. So, let’s check out the Path of Exile 3.20.2 patch notes, and explain the fixes, new features, and changes too!
Path of Exile 3.20.2 Patch Notes Explained – Fixes, New Features, and Changes
When it comes to the upcoming 3.20.2 patch, there are mostly fixes and improvements to gameplay mechanics, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some exciting new elements coming to the game. As for fixes, there are tons of them. They range from encounters with specific factions, broken moments in quests, and even issues with specific items and spells being exploited.
The most notable improvements include added support for players in a party to remain in it even when not online, the ability to kick a player from your party, an additional 845 foiled Unique Item options to play around with in the Voidborn Reliquary, and the need to obtain a Rare Corrupted Map for sacrifice, as the rarity and tier are hard locked at being the same. So it’s safe to say that there are a few cool reasons to get back into the action, especially for those playing closely with additional players in their party.
3.20.2 Patch Notes
This patch includes a number of bug fixes, offline party support, and another batch of Voidborn reliquary submissions.
Improvements and updates
- Added support for party members to go offline while staying in the party. When you log out, you can now stay in your party, though you can still be kicked from the party while offline. After you’ve been offline for 2 minutes, you will be automatically kicked from the party.
- Added “Kick from Party” back to the options available when right-clicking another player’s message in chat.
- Added 845 more foiled Unique Item options the Voidborn Reliquary can yield.
- Added an area description for the “twice blessed” Darkshrine outcome.
- The “Sacrifice a Corrupted Map. Create a new Corrupted Map of the same tier and rarity.” Harvest crafting option now requires a Rare Corrupted Map to be sacrificed, and is no longer able to incorrectly create a new Corrupted Map of a higher tier.
- Some Sanctum monsters can now be Spectred, and Spectred versions of Stalking Geist will now be able to attack enemies. Lowered the resistances and maximum attack distance of the Spectred version of Igneous Gargoyle.
- It is now possible to view your Voidborn Reliquary submission on the website, and withdraw it if it has not yet been confirmed.
- Updated the description of the Corrupted Gaze Atlas Notable Passive to clarify that it only applies to Abyss Jewels dropped by Abyssal Troves in your Maps.
- Updated descriptions for skills which grant critical strike chance through a buff, such as Precision and Aspect of the Cat.
- Updated the description on Galvanic Field when supported by Increased Critical Strikes Support to be more clear.
- Updated the targeting behaviour for Whirling Blades in Controller Input mode to target monsters rather than location.
- The Solar Map Device microtransaction now has variations that can be scrolled through to set the maximum tier of effects to play while map portals are open.
- Fixed a bug where the Antagonist’s modifier on Heist Contracts and Blueprints was not providing any stats in Ruthless.
- Fixed a bug where certain Minion Delve Encounters were not giving any rewards in Ruthless.
- Fixed a bug where being affected by a Shrine from Kirac’s Memory of the Pantheon was not providing credit towards the Complete Beyond Encounters Challenge when you defeated a Beyond Boss.
- Fixed a bug where the order of spells triggered through Arcanist Brand could be reset by using a Flask.
- Fixed a bug where killing Breach Bosses in Maps was not providing credit towards the Terror Tearing at the Seams Challenge.
- Fixed a bug in Legion Encounters where the timer for breaking out monsters could end prematurely.
- Fixed a bug where Blazing Salvo’s explode effects did not display correctly across different terrain elevations.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur with Vaal Volcanic Fissure Earthbreaker Totems.
- Fixed a bug where the Fiendish Wings Affliction was affecting the rotation speed of the firebeam hazard.
- Fixed a bug where Rogue Exiles with additional rewards from the Rogue Trader Atlas Notable Passive would be displayed with a quest icon on the minimap.
- Fixed a bug where soul gain prevention was sometimes not applied after using Vaal Blade Flurry.
- Fixed a bug where duplicated Harvest monsters could not drop lifeforce.
- Fixed a bug where Fractured modifiers on Jewels, Maps, or Heist Contracts could be changed when corrupting the item.
- Fixed a bug that caused Delve Flares and Dynamite to be returned to you with the Nimis Unique Ring equipped.
- Fixed a rare bug where Glyphic Fossilised Remains could be moved, causing the Time-Lost Cavern Delve encounter to be incompletable.
- Fixed a bug where Keystone Passive Skill reminder text was missing when the Keystone was granted through an item, such as Replica Perfect Form.
- Updated various Heist Enchantment descriptions to clarify they apply to Explicit modifiers.
- The Ambushes monster modifier can no longer be found on Magic Monsters, as it had no effect on them.
- Fixed an issue where increases and reductions to projectile speed had no effect on Volcanic Fissure. It now affects the speed of the molten projectiles.
- Fixed a bug where the “Spawn Metamorph Vial” button was displayed when returning to an area where available Metamorphs were already defeated.
- Fixed a bug where additional Cluster Jewels dropped from having the Paranoid Fixation Atlas Passive allocated were dropping with the wrong item level.
- Fixed a bug where Spell Critical Strike Chance gained through Frost Shield was not working correctly with Sandstorm Visage.
- Fixed a bug where Mirage Archer was not working with Rain of Arrows triggered by Lioneye’s Paws.
- Fixed an issue where Vaal Glacial Hammer had “60% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold”. It has been updated to 100% to match the non-Vaal Glacial Hammer.
- Fixed a bug where Tempering Orb could not be used on items with fixed sockets.
- Fixed a bug where Olroth, Origin of the Fall could become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Uber Maven to fail to transition phases, making them unkillable.
- Fixed an issue where Ancestor Totems did not display their name or what they provide when hovering over the buff icon.
- Fixed the Ritual and Infernal Summoning Ring microtransactions having their models switched.
- Fixed a bug where importing a Hideout layout with a Scourge Hideout Decoration would fail to place decorations across both planes of existence.
- Fixed a wonky interaction between the Ice Crown microtransaction and the Cat’s Stealth buff visual effect.
- Fixed an issue where the Prospero’s Ring microtransaction was missing audio when trading with other players.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to appear bald when wearing the Forgeguard Body Armour and specific Helmet Attachment microtransactions.
- Fixed a bug where other players were unable to view gems you had socketed when wearing the Gemling Artificer Body Armour microtransaction.
So now you know exactly what the new 3.20.2 patch means for Path of Exile! If this helped you get a better understanding of things, then consider checking out some of our other great content, such as “How to get One With Nothing Jewel in Path of Exile (PoE)”. And don’t forget to like Gamer Journalist on Facebook for even more content!