How to Watch Hajime No Ippo in Release Order
Hajime No Ippo is a manga from the late 1980s that was turned into an anime more than 10 years after its manga success. The story follows a bullied high school boy who wants to change his personality using boxing. The series became so popular that they’ve created three seasons of its TV series, two specials, and one OVA.
If you’re interested in watching Hajime No Ippo and want to follow Makounochi’s career, then you might be wondering in what order you should watch the series. Here’s a quick guide on how to watch everything in order.
How to watch Hajime No Ippo in Release Order
If you want to watch it just based on their release order, you’ll have to watch the series in this order:
- Season 1: Hajime no Ippo (2000-2002)
- Hajime no Ippo: Boxer no Kobushi (2003)
- Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road (2003)
- Hajime no Ippo: Mashiba vs. Kimura (2003)
- Season 2: New Challenger (2009)
- Season 3: Rising (2013−2014)
Please do note that you have to watch the OVA and the Movies because they are all canon to the story. This series did not create that many fillers so you can rest assured that everything you’ll see is part of the main storyline.
Related: The best sports games on PC
How to watch Hajime No Ippo in Chronological Order
However, there are two ways to watch this series: release and chronological order. If you want to watch everything in the order of the storyline, we have to split the contents into two. One group focuses on Ippo’s journey to becoming a professional boxer and eventually a national champion while the other group focuses on his title defenses and the progression of his life.
Ippo’s Journey to Pro Boxing
- Season 1: Hajime no Ippo
- Special: Hajime no Ippo: Champion Road
- OVA: Hajime no Ippo: Mashiba vs. Kimura
- Special: Hajime no Ippo: Boxer no Kobushi
Ippo’s Road to World Championship
- Season 2: Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
- Season 3: Hajime no Ippo: Rising