It’s a new week for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and another week means another new update. This week’s update has brought a ton of new changes to the game. Players can get their hands on a new DLC weapon, explore new game mechanics, and much more. We’re going to explore the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.20 update changes in-depth.
This week’s update is a full title update meaning everyone playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have to download it. There is also an additional download you must get if you own the full Modern Warfare game. If you only play Warzone, you won’t have to download the extra patch. The Data Pack 1 DLC will be downloaded after launching Modern Warfare and heading into multiplayer mode, campaign, or spec ops.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.20 Update Changes
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.20 update size:
- PlayStation 4 – 10 GB + 17 GB (Data Pack 1)
- Xbox One – 13 GB + 18 GB (Data Pack 1)
- PC – 9 GB (Warzone)
- PC – 32 GB (full game)
Modern Warfare Multiplayer Changes
A new playlist has been added, which should have a lot of players excited. Shoot the Ship has made a comeback to the game, featuring a 24/7 playlist of Shipments and Shoot House. This playlist hosts a variety of game modes including new Cranked and Grind game modes.
Other playlists currently active include:
- Quick Play – Play a rotation of selected game modes and map types.
- Ground War – Capture and hold objectives to score. Captured objectives open forward spawning locations for your team.
- Gunfight Blueprints – Gunfight using weapon variants. The first team to reach the round win limit wins.
- Cranked Gunfight 3v3 – 3v3 Gunfight. Bring that friend who never gets to be on your 2v2 team. They know why.
- Reinfected Ground War – Infected with way more players. There are more infected from the start, so find a hiding place fast.
- Shoot the Ship – 24/7 playlist for Shipments and Shoot House.
New Mastery Camo
A brand new mastery camo was also added in this update called the Obsidian. To unlock this master camo, here are the requirements:
- ARs – 15 kills/match 200 times
- SMGs – 15 kills/match 150 times
- Shotguns – 15 kills/match 150 times
- LMGs – 15 kills/match 150 times
- Snipers – 15 kills/match 125 times
- Melee – 750 enemy kills
- Launchers – Destroy a vehicle or killstreak 100 times
Gunsmith Customs Feature
This new feature allows you to use different blueprints and combine attachments to adjust the appearance. This is purely for cosmetics and does not affect the gun stats.
New DLC Weapon
A new LMG called the Bruin MK9 made its way into the game this week as well. You can obtain this weapon through the store or by completing a special in-game challenge. The challenge for this one requires players to get 3 kills when an enemy is near smoke while using an LMG in 15 different matches. You’ll probably have to complete this one in Multiplayer as opposed to Warzone.
There are a few new skin bundles available this week, including the Pyromaniac Bundle. This bundle features:
- Cost: 1800 CoD Points
- Firestarter Kreuger Skin
- Caldera Shotgun Skin
- Heat Treat Melee Skin
- Crick in the Neck finisher
- Through the Flames Calling Card
- Waxy Brains Emblem
- Silent Now Kreuger Quip
We also have the Encryption Bundle this week in the Store which is where you can acquire the new MK9 Bruen LMG. This bundle features:
- Cost: 1200 CoD Points
- The Glitch LMG
- Killer System Emblem
- East Targets Calling Card
New Contract: Most Wanted
A new contract makes its way into the game in the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.20 update. The Most Wanted Warzone contract grants you an opportunity to bring back your entire team. You are marked on the map for all enemies as a bounty target, and all you need to do is survive during the time you are marked. Sounds easy, right?
New Warzone Item: Armor Satchel
A brand new item also made its way into the game. The Armor Satchel allows you to carry up to 8 armor plates as opposed to the default amount of 5. These can be looted like any other item in the game and are also a reward for completing a scavenger contract.
This week’s Call of Duty Warzone playlists is BR Quads, BR Trios, and BR Solos. You can also hop into a match of Plunder Trios. There is still no sign of duos.
These are all the major changes in the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.20 update, however, there are still a ton of other gameplay changes and feature updates that can be viewed on the official Infinity Ward patch notes page.