SCUM is one of the most hardcore survival games, and Gamepires is looking to take multiplayer open world games to the next level in terms of realism, customization, and control. They have been steadily updating their title since its original release back on August 29, 2018. Today, they have pushed out a new patch that includes a lot of highly requested features that further their aim for realism. Let’s take a look at the SCUM August 20 patch notes for update 0.6.2.37976.
You can see a full list of changes down below, via Steam, but some of the coolest changes include the ability to get drunk. As expected, there are lots of disorientating effects associated with drunkenness, which may lead you to get foot abrasions, another new addition in this patch. Players now also have to manually load each magazine, and can completely disassemble weapons into their individual parts.
Scum August 20 Patch Notes
There are many new changes in the SCUM August 20 patch notes for version 0.6.2.37976. Notable changes include the ability to collect and drink rain, a new drunkenness body effect, foot abrasions, two new weapon mechanics, and various bug fixes, and quality of life improvements.
You need to outrun those puppets and you have a base to build, but all of that makes you really thirsty? We got you covered! From now on, you will be able to collect and drink rain.
All you have to do is take any viable water container, like a water bottle, and leave it outside while it rains. Although you can leave a regular bottle, it will fill quite slowly so we’re introducing a few new items to help you collect the rain faster.
You can cut all of the bottles in half and use them to collect rain, just don’t put them in your inventory/hands while they have any water in them because the water will spill. You can also craft an Improvised Raincoat Water Collector which has a whopping 30 L of capacity.
Here’s a pro tip, even though you can’t bring the new water collectors with you, you can pour the water into regular bottles and canteens and take them instead. Oh, and you can also collect water in pots and buckets!
New Body Effects
So, now that you have water to get sobered up, you can also get drunk..because why wouldn’t you?
We have re-implemented and improved Drunkenness which now occurs if you have more than 0 g of alcohol in your blood. The maximum alcohol amount in the prisoner’s body is determined by the Constitution attribute and the blood amount in the body. Once you reach the max alcohol amount, you die. This means you can now have proper drinking contests with your crew! (in-game please)
Being drunk introduces a couple of “difficulties” for every prisoner, including Double Vision, Disorientation, and Dizziness. It will be tough to see what’s happening, move straight, you will probably puke, and you may have occasional blackouts.
Disorientation will also make your compass HUD disappear, but only the one you got from the Survival skill. If you have a compass item, you will still have the HUD.
Treatment is pretty straightforward, stop drinking and flush all of the alcohol from your system by any means possible.
From now on, if you walk barefooted you will get Foot Abrasions after a short period of time, and if you wear shoes they will get damaged depending on the terrain difficulty. So yes, please follow the instructions showed on the image below very carefully, because nobody will come and save you on The Island.
Movement speed, carry weight, and terrain difficulty will influence how many abrasions will you get and how much do your shoes decay (wetness is also a factor for shoes decay). Foot Abrasions come with symptoms such as Pain and even Bleeding (starting on C2 severity).
The pain will reduce your movement speed and your maximum pace to the point where you can only walk but it can be dealt with by taking painkillers.
If there is no bleeding, treatment consists of resting and putting on footwear. It is also advisable to use other movement types such as swimming or driving as they don’t scrap your feet.
If there is bleeding, you can use the same medical items for treatment as you would for Bleeding Injury, but there is something more!
By using items to treat the condition, you get Bandage Protection which primarily serves to stop the condition from progressing, but beware, the protection wears off if you continue to move (see the protection level in the condition’s tooltip). Bandage Protection is needed only if you still continue barefooted, the best solution would be to put on some shoes. You better shake the drunkenness off before this part, believe me.
You maybe have fast hands in real life, but do you have them in-game too? From now on you will have to manually load each and every magazine, bullet by bullet. Reloading speed depends on your DEX attribute as well as Rifles or Handgun skills respectively. You can stop the reload by pressing Esc or LMB, with the exception of the M1 clip.
A feature heavily requested by the community! From now on, you can disassemble all weapons and use the parts to repair another weapon. To disassemble weapons, you will need a Toolbox. All weapons have their own disassembled parts meaning that if you disassemble a Kar98, you can only fix another Kar98 with those parts.
Also, if you have any attachments equipped on your weapon, they will fall on the ground upon disassembly.
- Fixed the bug where vehicle would jump if malfunctioned weapon is put in its storage
- Fixed audio issue when refueling dirt-bikes
- Fixed nutrition data for Crow Drumsticks
- Fixed hand grip for Crow Drumsticks
- Fixed typo in Beepollen Pills item caption
- Fixed the bug where burying from inventory was not possible on very steep slopes
- Fixed the bug where ZF39 scope was not centered properly on Kar98 and Mosin Nagant
- Fixed the bug where traps where displayed as “Unknown” in the kill logs
- Fixed the bug where players would get fame points when someone they killed committed suicide right after
- Fixed the bug where Drill press and Lathe machine would take damage
- Fixed First Person drinking animation
- Fixed incorrect crosshair reticle position on multiple scopes
- Fixed the bug where Improvised Stab-proof vest was stronger than the regular ones
- Fixed the bug where you couldn’t place any items in the improvised raincoat
- Fixed the bug with crafting the Island Special cocktail
- Fixed the bug where Hemostatic dressing wasn’t showing properly in the vicinity
- Fixed the bug where tooltip entries wouldn’t update properly
- Fixed multiple level, foliage and terrain design bugs
- Fixed the bug where you were not able to use handgun on hellrider bike
- Fixed the bug where items would stay in hand while picking up a bike
- Fixed the bug where metabolism tab would overlap over other tabs
- Fixed the bug where the health panel button was glowing when health panel was open
- Fixed the bug where magazines in throwing slot was not updating when filled with ammo
- Fixed the bug where cocktails would have no usage after crafting
- Fixed the bug where puppets didn’t drop clothing properly upon search
- Fixed the bug where parts of the interaction menu would sometimes appear out of the screen bounds
- Fixed the bug where player would sometimes recover form knockout on the other side of the wall
- Fixed the bug that would cause you to die in Single Player by falling out of the map
- You can now perform bondage using wire and tree bark rope
- Magazine icon will now show if there are bullets in the magazine
- Rag shoes are now easier to craft
- Improvised Bulletproof armor, Improvised raincoat and Improvised shotgun are now easier to craft
- Endurance skill experience gain is faster now
- Radio and Music Player volume increment/decrement step is now smaller
- Quick access bar and its accessories will be hidden when any UI tab is open
- Motorcycles decelerate less when having a handgun out
- All dances are now looped
- Increased Wine Cork spawn rates
- Adjusted rain falling intervals
- Endurance skill now properly affects energy/water usage speed
- Drinking gasoline will now make you vomit earlier
- Buffed 9mm damage (a tiny bit)
- Tooltips for Running skill, Endurance skill and Stamina have been improved
- Improved weapon magazine, bolt and arrow icons
- Strength gain now reduces if strength is above 4 and reduces further as STR approaches maximum
- Audio optimizations
Stay up-to-date with your favorite games by bookmarking our website’s patch notes section!