Remnant From The Ashes is an aRPG third-person shooter from Gunfire Games. It’s available for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and released on August 20, 2019. The game contains a variety of unique bosses that you encounter throughout the story mode and adventure mode. This Remnant From The Ashes bosses guide gives an overview of each boss in the game.
Remnant From The Ashes Bosses Guide
There are eleven bosses in the base Remnant From The Ashes game, and an additional three bosses in the Swamps of Corsus DLC. The Remnant From The Ashes bosses are as follows:
- Totem Father
- Undying King
- The Ent
- The Harrow
- The Unclean One
- The Ravager
- The Root Mother
The Swamps of Corsus bosses are as follows:
- Dream Eater
- Barbed Terror
- Iskal Queen
Remnant From The Ashes Boss Overview
Each boss has unique skills that are used throughout the encounter. Several bosses have alternate kill methods to obtain different kinds of loot.
- Location: The Tempest Court, Yaesha
Totam Father is a Pan boss located on Yaesha in The Tempest Court. You can select which drop you want by shooting the totem before going into the encounter. Shooting the sides of the totem will change the color of it.
- Blue totem – Killing Totem Father with a blue totem awards you with Totem Antler which can be turned into Eye of the Storm.
- Red totem – Killing Totem Father with a red totem out front awards you with Tempest Heartstring which can be turned into Voice of the Tempest.
- Location: Undying Throne, Rhom
Undying King is a Basha boss located in the Undying Throne on Rhom. The entrance to this area is behind the Monolith near entering Rhom. You will need to Howling Key from Claviger or The Hallow to get to him. Fighting Undying King is optional depending on if you give him Guardian’s Heart or not.
- Normal kill – Killing Undying King grants you Labyrinth Key to bypass Corsus.
- Alternate – Giving him Guardian’s Heart makes him open a portal to Corsus. You will also get the Labyrinth Key and Riven this way.
- Location: Loom of the Black Sun – The Spingle, Rhom
Claviger is a Basha boss located on Rhom in the Loom of the Black Sun. He can be found in The Spindle, and he is one of two bosses for the sequence to get the key to the Undying King. The other possible boss is The Harrow.
- Normal kill – Claviger must absorb a minion, which he does when he smashes the ground. Allowing this to happen will award you with Stone of the Guardian on kill, which can be turned into World Breaker.
- Alternate kill – Make sure Claviger does not absorb any minions. Killing him this way awards you with Void Silver, which can be turned into Particle Accelerator.
- Location: The Ash Yard, Earth
Singe is a Root boss located on Earth in The Ash Yard. He is one of two possible boss spawns per world roll, the other one being The Ent. You can choose to destroy his tail to kill him in the alternate way.
- Normal kill – Kill Singe normally without destroying his tail for the Blazing Heart. This can be turned into the Spitfire hand gun.
- Alternate kill – Destroy Singe’s tail first to obtain Dragon Links, which can be turned into the Smolder sword.
- Location: The Choking Hallow, Earth
The Ent is a boss located in The Choking Hallow on Earth. He is one of two bosses spawns, so you will only see The Ent or Singe during each world roll.
- Normal kill – Kill him normally without destroying his legs to get the Spore Gland. This can be turned into Sporebloom.
- Alternate kill – Take out his legs before killing him to get the Twisted Heart which can be turned into Petrified Maul.
- Location: Unnamed – The Bunker, Rhom
The Harrow is a boss located in The Bunker on Rhom. Him or Claviger are the two bosses you encounter for getting the key to the Undying King.
- Normal kill – Killing The Harrow normally grants you Thermal Geode, which can be turned into the Defiler.
- Alternate kill – Shoot The Harrow in the legs, which will cripple him. Do not kill the boss, because you need to run behind him and grab The Harpoon out of his back first when he’s crippled. This awards you Lost Harpoon.
- Location: Ward 17
The Dreamer/Nightmare is the final boss of the base Remnant From The Ashes game. You can find this boss in Ward 17. There are two phases to this one, and you will want to target the chest on Nightmare and the Head on Dreamer.
A good strategy is melting the Dreamer as soon as possible with a strong single-shot weapon like the Hunting Rifle or Sniper. In phase two, you’ll periodically be teleported into The Abyss.
Killing enemies in The Abyss will grant you damage stacks, but the longer you’re in there the more damage you take. Kill 5-10 enemies and go into the portal to escape, and then cast a buffed up Hive Swarm to melt him.
- Normal kill: Killing Dreamer/Nightmare rewards you with Dreamer’s Mana which can be turned into Repulsor. You’ll also get Orb of Undoing and Mind’s Eye trait.
- Location: The Grotto, Corsus
Ixillis is a boss found on Corsus located in The Grotto. This boss is optional if you decide to kill the Undying King. During the fight, a second Ixillis spawns making the encounter much more difficult. You have the option of killing them both at the same time or focusing one down first. Killing Ixillis will grant you Guardian Heart no matter which way you kill him.
- Normal kill – Focusing one Ixillis down before the other grants you Hivestone, which can be turned into Hive Cannon.
- Alternate kill – Defeating both Ixillis XV and Ixillis XVI at the same time or in rapid succession will grant you Guardian Tentacle. This item can be turned into Guardian Axe.
The Unclean One
- Location: The Shack, Corsus
The Unclean One is a boss located on Corsus inside of The Shack. You can find him sharpening his weapon, and you have the option of killing him in one of two ways. His attacks are very slow and easy to telegraph, but they will hit you like a truck. He also spawns adds throughout the fight but ends up killing them himself if you just kite them around.
- Normal kill – Killing The Unclean one in the normal way will award you with the Unclean Heart which can be turned into The Devestator.
- Alternate kill – Sneak into the room and interact with one of the jars on the ground. Hiding in there activates the alternate fight sequence. This method rewards you with Hammerhead’s Ore which can be turned into the Butcher’s Flail.
- Location: The Ravager’s Haunt, Yaesha
The Ravager is an optional boss located in The Ravager’s Haunt on Yaesha. Either this boss or Totem Father will spawn on your world roll. You can choose to fight this boss or avoid him by solving a puzzle which plays a lullaby and makes him passive.
- Normal kill – Killing The Ravager normally will rewards you with Tentacle Pod which can be turned into Curse of The Jungle God pistol.
- Alternate kill – Playing the lullaby causes this boss to go passive and not fight you. You can then talk to him and he will give you Stalker’s Claw which can be turned into Scar of The Jungle God.
The Root Mother
- Location: Church of the Harbinger, Earth
The Root Mother is an NPC you encounter in the Church of the Harbinger on Earth. She is actually an NPC you need to defend during an encounter. She appears in Campaign Mode as you come across the church. After finding her, you defend her from hordes of Root. She’ll move into Ward 13 after defending her successfully.
- Location: Hall of Whispers – Corrupted Sanctum, Corsus
Dream Eater is a boss added with the Swamps of Corsus DLC. He glitches in an out of reality, allowing him to teleport around his sanctum and create illusions. Shooting the illusion causes them to despawn instantly and launch orbs at you.
- Norma kill – Dream Eater drops a Luminous Gland which can be turned in for the Rift Walker weapon modifier.
- Location: Needle Lair – Throne of Barbs, Corsus
The Barbed Terror is a boss added to the game in the Swamps of Corsus DLC. You will find him in the Needle Lair within the Throne of Barbs on Corsus. Some people refer to him as the needler because his primary attack is shooting needles out of the wall.
- Normal kill – Barbed Terror drops Barbed Sinew which can be turned in for the Unstable Quill mod.
- Location: Iskal Sanctum, Corsus
Iskal Queen is the main boss of the Swamps of Corsus DLC. She is located on Corsus within the Iskal Sanctum. Interacting with the queen grants you the Cryptolith Sigil. This item can be redeemed for Labyrinth Armor, a set introduced in Swamps of Corsus.
- Normal kill – Kill Iskal Queen as you normally would any other mob. You will get Crystalline Plasma which turns into the Pride of the Iskal pistol.
- Alternate kill – Shoot the stalactite and have it kill the Iskal Queen. This will reward you with the Iskal Husk which grants Seeker Mod.